School supplies drop-offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferHolmes

Jan 4, 2007
Hi we are going for vacation in Puerto Plata end of January and, like the last time we went, want to bring a couple packs of school supplies to leave with a local charitable organization. Last time we dropped them off at a bar in Sosua (can't remember the name of the bar) who's owners were involved in kids charities - does anyone know it or of other drop off points in/near Puerto Plata we can bring these packs to? Thanks....

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi Jennifer,
Feel free to make contact with me via PM or e-mail & I will gladly organise to collect you &/or the school supplies for the Foundation Integracin Juvenil who's premises are just over the road from Playa Dorada. This is a school for deprived & abused children of Puerto Plata barrios. Integraci?n Juvenil

Have a great holiday ~ Grahame.

JenniferHolmes

Jan 4, 2007
thanks everyboby. I'll take this list of drop-offs with us. Grahame, it would be great too if you could give me your email or phone # so I can get in touch with you when we get there. We will be in a volleyball tournament there, so not sure what our free-time schedule will be yet....

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
A Puerto Plata Organization

Jennifer,
I write about and support Fundacion Patria. If you have a chance, and want to read about FP, you will find my thread: Help The Schools Via Fundacaion Patria, in the Travel Questions Forum. That being said, you can contact Sr. Mario Mattana, Hotel Manager at Fun Royale-Fun Tropicale, which is located in Playa Dorada, which is just outside of Puerto Plata. Mario will be more than happy to assist you with your donations. Mario's email is: mmattana@funroyale-tropicale.com After you read the thread, please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

All the organizations have merit, and I only mention FP as a way of providing you with an easy donation solution.

Thank you for your interest in helping the Dominican children.

Enjoy your Dominican experience! :)

SB

barhanna

Aug 20, 2005
www.geocities.com
It is best to directly donate to the schools. There are several that are part of programs. Dominican Outreach will take to to the school where you can volunteer your time and donate items. Three drop off points have also been set up. One is at Chris and Madys in Cofresi, Sams Bar and Grill in Puerto Plata, and at the Jewelry store (TIme and Tide) next to Checkpoint. You can call 809 257 7246 when you get here if you need directions or set up an appontment with a school. Also INtegracion Juvinil across from Playa Dorada recieves donations for their vocational students.

Status
Not open for further replies.