Caba?as........

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
cabanas as in a "quickie" cabana ? someone told me over in the eastern part of Santo domingo, he couldn't give me any names though...

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Caba?as

cabanas as in a "quickie" cabana ? someone told me over in the eastern part of Santo domingo, he couldn't give me any names though...
When he said eastern part of Santo Domingo, he meant "cabana row" (El Presidente, La Officina, Obsession...) in San Isidro. "Cabana row" (Honeymoon...) in Santo Domingo is the southwestern part of Santo Domingo, on the Malecon (Ave. George Washington.)

-Helpmann :cool:

May 12, 2005
There's also a few on the border of Herrera and Manoguyabo by the giant Carrefour supermarket. I beleive they're called Florida and El Rey.

Sep 19, 2005
1000 pesos!!

that the higher end units for sure.

the lower end( DONT GO THERE) are 195 pesos....I went to one that was 250 pesos and i was banging my head instead!!!!!!!! on all the low doorways

at about 750 pesos yo start to get jacuzzis and nice rooms.... at about 1000 pesos you get into double floors suites....

I suggest the first thing you do is go right into the bathroom and make sure the shower works...try the hot and cold water.....for all the cabanas under 400 pesos 50 % of the shower handles fall off right in your hands!!!!!!!! ha ha ha.....

You will get the best price if you speak good spanish ...I never talk to the person on the phone...when i did I was getting charged more most of the time it seemed. I let my GF do all the talking now.....

the fee they charge you is for about 3 hours...if you want to sleep all night and into the morning, up to about 10 am..it is usually about double the rate

dont forget the new duracell batteries before you go :bunny: :bunny:

BOB

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
How Much Do Caba?as Go For A Night In Santo Domingo?

...if you want to sleep all night and into the morning, up to about 10 am..it is usually about double the rate

dont forget the new duracell batteries before you go :bunny: :bunny:

BOB
I believe that was what he was asking for. The nightly rate.

-Helpmann :cool:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Most of them let you stay the whole night for the cheap rate if you come after midnight.

Sep 19, 2005
well the OP never came back and clarified...wether he even wants a cabana lke we are talking about...or a reguar hotel type place....and then if he wants to stay the whole night or just for the act-(s)......

bob

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Santo Domingo Rates or Campo Rates?

well the OP never came back and clarified...wether he even wants a cabana lke we are talking about...or a reguar hotel type place....and then if he wants to stay the whole night or just for the act-(s)......

bob
BTW: The prices you quoted ($250, $400...); were those Santo Domingo rates or just general "DR" rates?

-Helpmann :ermm:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
those rates and places are helpful just in case i get a "sleep over" in santo domingo..i'll be in the area 10 jan - 15 jan.....

Sep 19, 2005
BTW: The prices you quoted ($250, $400...); were those Santo Domingo rates or just general "DR" rates?

I have only been in cabanas in the greater Santiago area.....usually when we go out of town, we are checked into a regular hotel or resort....

remember the 250 cabana is an el cheapo..... they have signs outside each room and that gives you an idea what level they might be.....like executive, and royal, might be the better ones..and just a special is really a regular....the more exoticish the name...the higher end it is

you can also judge by how far apart the garage doors are apart for the single floor models to get an idea how big they are....most rooms should be 400-700 pesos for the short stay.....3-4 hours...

bob

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Why Guess When You Don't Know?

It depends on which cabana you go to. Each cabana has at least two levels of rooms, some have three.

Within a stretch of cabanas on any particular highway, there will be cabanas from 195 to 500 for a 3 to 4 hour session. You call them on the in room phone and negotiate how much for how long if you're going to want to stay more than 3 or 4 hours.

And if you stay more than that without making prior arrangements, they'll call you and let you know it's time to get out, which pretty much sucks at 3 in the morning.
JD, believe me I know. I just don't understand why Bob would quote Santiago/Campo prices, when the OP wanted prices in Santo Domingo.

It's kind of like providing someone with New Jersey hotel rates for someone who wants a room in Manhattan.

Sep 19, 2005
JD, believe me I know. I just don't understand why Bob would quote Santiago/Campo prices, when the OP wanted prices in Santo Domingo.

It's kind of like providing someone with New Jersey hotel rates for someone who wants a room in Manhattan.

I still havent seen any one quote a SD rate......as if it would be ANY DIFFERENT.....

I dont get the Campo connection...you trying to throw mud?...all the cabanas are basically with in a mile of each other with the exception of a few....

Ill bet the prices are exactly the same......between the 2 cities.

but the OP isnt complaining now is he...help...LESS

bob

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
More Guesses from Bob..

I still havent seen any one quote a SD rate......as if it would be ANY DIFFERENT.....

I dont get the Campo connection...you trying to throw mud?...all the cabanas are basically with in a mile of each other with the exception of a few....

Ill bet the prices are exactly the same......between the 2 cities.

but the OP isnt complaining now is he...help...LESS

bob
The OP will be complaining when he starts looking for a RD$400 cabana on the Malecon.

Bob, there's no reason to bet and guess when they're plenty of other people who know. People who have been and seen, who don't presume.

I'm sure you just want to help, but sometimes no advice is much better than the wrong advice. Jesus, you haven't even been to a cabana in Santo Domingo. What a joke.

-Helpmann :rolleyes:

Sep 19, 2005
well I guess i got to say sorry to the OP, JD, Frank Kyle. and Sky for clogging up an other wise perfect thread.. What was I thinking , for sure the PRICE IS 1000 pesos period. I just have my head on flucked up to think that what happens in one city could possibly happen in a similar way in another city.

for sure the moderators from this moment forward just freaking go ahead and close every thread after the helpfull helpman speaks...because thats it no other info will be needed....

I humbly tuck my tail

bad bob

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
OK...I will give it a shot. Last time we had to go to the embassy we stayed in a cabana that was located on the western side of Santo Domingo on the Malecon. You have to shop around there but usually if you check in after 11PM they will give it to you for the short time rate and let you stay til about 10AM next day. We stay for about 500RD under those conditions. Of course if you have the dough you just stay at Marriot Courtyard for 3600RD.

Now here is what you will want to do. You do go in and check the room out. Clean Room and Hot Water and A/C works. Then you bring your own towels, soap, sheets, pillows and comforter. Best to pick up food and drink so you don't have to go out again...and the food in those places will kill you.

It is a cheap and clean way to sleep versus paying a hotel bill of 2000RD to 3000RD...and in some cases the cabana outclasses the hotel.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
OK...I will give it a shot. Last time we had to go to the embassy we stayed in a cabana that was located on the western side of Santo Domingo on the Malecon. You have to shop around there but usually if you check in after 11PM they will give it to you for the short time rate and let you stay til about 10AM next day. We stay for about 500RD under those conditions. Of course if you have the dough you just stay at Marriot Courtyard for 3600RD.

Now here is what you will want to do. You do go in and check the room out. Clean Room and Hot Water and A/C works. Then you bring your own towels, soap, sheets, pillows and comforter. Best to pick up food and drink so you don't have to go out again...and the food in those places will kill you.

It is a cheap and clean way to sleep versus paying a hotel bill of 2000RD to 3000RD...and in some cases the cabana outclasses the hotel.
^^^That's been my experience. Usually, we'd check in around 8pm and stay until 10am for around RD$1400 MOL. Bring your own towels and blankets, though. Those supplied suck. The challenge is when you go out for dinner. You have to close the garage door part way down; the staff will pull a rope across the door. You cannot lock your stuff up, and that makes me a little nervous.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Yesterday the Primavera Caba?as in Manoguayabo were charging $680 RD de paso (four hours). Last month the San Ysidro caba?as were having a price war. They had signs posted out front ranging from 520 to 580, about a 100 peso discount from normal de paso rates.

The better caba?as are usually remodeling some of their rooms. The ones that never remodel lose market share very fast.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006

bob

I think the op might be a female. LaBoricua1979