Dominican restaurants in the bay area (San Francisco)

kilombofelix

Jan 5, 2007
Hi:

I just moved to the San Francisco(bay area),CA and I am looking for dominican restaurants or supermarkets down here, I miss dominican food so so so much !!!!
Thanks for the help.

kilombofelix:pirate:

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
Hi:

I just moved to the San Francisco(bay area),CA and I am looking for dominican restaurants or supermarkets down here, I miss dominican food so so so much !!!!
Thanks for the help.

Hola, Kilo
Don't look for one, you will not find it. However, you might find Cuban restaurants. The Dominican population in these parts is very small.
Along Market Street in San Francisco there are lots of Hispanic restaurants and markets. You can find whatever you need to make yourself a good Dominican dish. Buena suerte

BIZC8

Dec 21, 2006
Good Luck!!

I lived in San Fran four years (1989-1993) and not once was I able to walk into a Dominican restaurant. There aren't enough Dominicans living in the Bay Area. As someone else suggested, visit one of the numerous Hispanic establishments, buy all of the ingredients you need and make yourself the best Dominican dish you can.

While you're at it, invite the other three Dominicans living around there too! LOL!! Just kidding! I surprisingly met about 50 other Dominicans down there but only because I used to play in a band at night clubs while I was off duty from the military, generally in the San Francisco and San Jos? areas.

Again, good luck and hope you make some friends.

Comedreja

Dec 27, 2006
Hi:

Thanks for the help.

I miss dominican comidas tambien. I have lived in Oakland for all my life (35) and have never found a dominican resturant. About as close as you will get to dominican food is jamican, puerto rican, or cuban. There are southeast asian resturants that will fix a different variety of tostones too. As for sancocho and other dishes, no se.

Bumpy

Mar 15, 2007
www.protravelnetwork.com
Kilombofelix,
I'm an expert on San Francisco,and work there for the 5th largest metropolitan transportation Agency(San Francisco Muni).As a true aficionado of the Dominican Republic,I'm afraid to say ,I've only ran into 5 Dominicans in 8 years ,and there were ones who HAVE NEVER been to QUISQUEYA.The Mission District is where many go to enjoy Latin culture and food.I've scoured the area,and asked many of my passengers,all to no avail.If it were Mexican,Guatemalan,Cuban,or Salvadorean,you would be in luck.the Bay Area has a VERY POOR representation of Dominicans,and of the few "I've" met they would rather asorb the American culture.

Ginger Meggs

Mar 22, 2004
No Dominican restaurants in SF. I lived there for two years, 'til last year and didn't find one. The closest you can get is Cuban. But head to the Mission District and you'll find plenty of Latin food restaurants and markets where you can find plenty of plantains. :)
I live in San Jose now, and there aren't any here either.

Sep 24, 2015
El Nuevo Frutilandia  

Ese comida es Puertoriqueno/cubano

3077 24th St, San Francisco, CA 94110

Parade 22
1805 haight st
Mas comida Boricua..

El Club Puertorrique?o de San Francisco
3249 Mission St

No hay comida dominicana trust me yo soy dominicano a me das tres carajo si como la comida mexicano no me gusta ni de la americana. Soy Dominicano de nueva york pero con alma dominicano.

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
Hi:

Thanks for the help.

It always surprises me hiw many people react with useless information! If u don't have any info just don't react ... Jeezz.

Now bach to the OP, yes there is a puerto rican/dominicanrestaurant with delicious food and with a dominican coochef from san pedro. It is located in san rafael in marin county, it is in the center of town and close to the main bus station, it is on a corner and during lunch time very busy, they have a nice small garden where u can sit aswell, it's famous under the younger people so gets really busy aswell, good food for a decent price.