advice about buying a property

marine

Jan 7, 2007
Hello,

We are planning to either buy a house either buy a land and build a house. We cannot be there to supervise anything as we work in the south of france. Do you have any advice to give us , good contacts like agencies, private surveyors to check the house...what to do and not to do...
Is better to buy under a company's name or not, if so do you have to set up the company before you put a deposit down on a house...
How long does it take from the time you have a deposit down to the time you get the keys in your hands, do you have to wait for the deslinde ?

Marine

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I have friends from Canada that bought a house that was under construction. They used Julio Brea in Fabio Guzman's Sosua office as their attorney. Because they were unable to be here much of the, they had Julio check on the work to be sure it was progressing as it was supposed to and that everything that was supposed to be done, was. There was still some fine tuning to do by them when they were preparing to occupy the house, but they were well satisfied with what Julio did for them.

I know Julio and know he is a no-nonsense guy. He wouldn't be able to do everything himself, but would see that properly qualified people did. He would be somebody to consider if you are planning to locate in the Sosua/Cabarete area.

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
Hey, I'll be there and I'll check on ur stuff for free.... I'd like to see how long things take to move along in general. I'm in the same boat here.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Lot First......

If possible buy the lot first..Then build on it.. You will save tens of thousands of dollars..This is how my wife and I did it and it worked to our liking...