Did you ever wish you could..

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well, I learn something new every day.
I took a look at that program, and although I didn't download it, it looks like it simplifies taking screenshots, and allows you to screenshot one particular window, rather than the whole screen.
It might still come in handy for those who find the regular proceedure of taking screenshots, a bit long and complicated.

C

Chip00

For Windows, just press the "Printscreen" or "Alt+Printscreen" button(s) and then go open Windows Paint (included with all Windows) and hit paste. Save the document to wherever you want it and volia!. Be careful loading programs as the invariably will be loading crap or bots on your computer.

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
Is there any reason you can't just go to "File" and "Save As"?

I tried doing "File" and "Save As" and the only thing that happened was that the page was bookmarked so that I could click on an icon and go right back to it. If the thread has been erased by the mod then wouldn't it be gone forever? Oh well......whatever works best for each individual.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I know what you mean.

I tried doing "File" and "Save As" and the only thing that happened was that the page was bookmarked so that I could click on an icon and go right back to it. If the thread has been erased by the mod then wouldn't it be gone forever? Oh well......whatever works best for each individual.
I'm glad you mentioned that.
Seems to me, when I first got an interest in saving a post, or entire thread, all I got out of it was a shortcut, which, as you correctly point out, only led me back to a page, if it was still available.
I don't know if I'm doing something different now, that I would get an actual permanent copy on my hard drive, but I've taken some screen shots to show you what it looks like, as I'm saving it.
Maybe it's in the selection, of what you are "saving it as".
Does the "save" window, (pic 2), look like the one I am posting?
1.jpg

2.jpg