The Other Side of the Sankie Coin - The Customers...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Very interesting article. I wish it was all that easy meaning women that head down for fun and sex and pay for it up front. Good luck to them

I don't think we care about people having fun and how they choose to spend their money is non of anyone's business but it's the scams of making these women think they are in love that brings us all these threads. ;)

High season is now in full swing ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I scanned through quickly - it doesn't touch on the scam aspect, does it?

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
No, it really doesn't touch on that at all and I wish it would have. I think it makes it look like women who go down there are nothing more than "johnettes" almost. It talks about women look more for romance but it really doesn't touch the fact that these men try to give you the idea that they are in love with you.

I thought it was funny though--I wonder if in the DR the men actually refer to women tourists as Milk Bottles and Stellas.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a thing that has caught my attention was a bit about island men finding oral sex "demeaning". i had this friend who served a sentence in jamaican prison and he told me for inmates the idea of oral sex with a woman was absolutely disgusting.

ach, sorry, i got off topic... ;)

the article seems to suggest that it's sex hungry canadians that wreck lives of dominican women who's husbands are never around to "take care of kids" - as if they ever would! but nothing about dominicans wrecking lives of canadian girls...

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... it makes it look like women who go down there are nothing more than "johnettes" almost. It talks about women look more for romance but it really doesn't touch the fact that these men try to give you the idea that they are in love with you.
Well, you can give it a dignified (or highfaluting as Granny in the Beverly Hillbillies would say) label but, it's all about satisfying her carnal urges (aka SEX, SEX, and more SEX) ... she got dough, she gettin some!!!. :bunny:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
the article seems to suggest that it's sex hungry canadians that wreck lives of dominican women who's husbands are never around to "take care of kids" - as if they ever would! but nothing about dominicans wrecking lives of canadian girls...

We would have to hear from the sankie side to get that story and I can't find one that will talk :eek: :laugh:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they will talk, anna, "i love you mami, so much, you are so beautiful, i want to marry you..."

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
they will talk, anna, "i love you mami, so much, you are so beautiful, i want to marry you..."

Not exactly what I meant. ;) We know what they say but I've love to hear the sankie side and the thought process of making one or many fall in love with them.

We can guess; me say nice things, me get mucho till the big ship comes in, but I would really would love to do an honest interview ;)

Oops that thought just went up in smoke when I used word honest :laugh:

Don't beat me up, I'm talking about sankies :laugh:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Not exactly what I meant. ;) We know what they say but I've love to hear the sankie side and the thought process of making one or many fall in love with them.

We can guess; me say nice things, me get mucho till the big ship comes in, but I would really would love to do an honest interview ;)

Oops that thought just went up in smoke when I used word honest :laugh:

Don't beat me up, I'm talking about sankies :laugh:

I think if you believe love is involved, its not like prostitution. I don't what their reaction would be if you walked up to one of them (animation team) and asked how much?

The romance thing makes it seem more enticing.

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Right, I wonder would women who go to the Caribbean never expecting to fall in love or never expecting to meet anyone consider themselves to be in the category of a "sex tourist". I think with some men, it's more cut and dry. I think some guys go there knowing what they are going to do and negotiate prices, etc. With some women, I don't know that its that cut and dry. I guess of course there are women who go for this purpose and knowing thats what they want, but I wonder if it's the norm.

I too would love to know what goes on in the heads of the sankies and I really wish I could find out honestly. But I definitely think it's a long shot for that ever happening.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For the guys it is more cut and dry, that is for sure...I just heard a golfing buddy tell us that his friends were not going to join us in a round of golf because they were "on the hunt."

i have heard young Dominican girls say "why not have sex? " Afterwards, a little soap and water and amen!"

I think that women that come to the Caribbean need to have the "romance" involved, because in the Anglo-Saxon tradition, "it" is never given away freely....there is that terrible Protestant Ethic hanging over us....but if "love is involved" well, so much the better. Apparently the local sankies have tapped into something here.....

HB

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... but I wonder if it's the norm.

I too would love to know what goes on in the heads of the sankies and I really wish I could find out honestly. But I definitely think it's a long shot for that ever happening.
Ok, I give up!!!! What's the fascination with these types of men? ... I don't care to know, ask yourselves please!!!

Instead, would you be interested in knowing whether folic acid can prevent alzheimers or stem cells may be harvested from a mother's womb or .... ??? what was I thinking again?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think HB hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what they've tapped into unfortunately.

It's the all powerful illusion of romance. I'm sure if they set up shop and posted their prices it would not work as well would it?

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Ok, I give up!!!! What's the fascination with these types of men? ... I don't care to know, ask yourselves please!!!

Instead, would you be interested in knowing whether folic acid can prevent alzheimers or stem cells may be harvested from a mother's womb or .... ??? what was I thinking again?

Yes, being a woman and having a multi-tracked mind, I would love to know the answers to those questions as well, Shad! I am sorry that you are a man and therefore have a one track mind that can only handle one of lifes questions at any given time. I have many interests and human nature is one of them. Shoot me!

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
For the guys it is more cut and dry, that is for sure...I just heard a golfing buddy tell us that his friends were not going to join us in a round of golf because they were "on the hunt."

i have heard young Dominican girls say "why not have sex? " Afterwards, a little soap and water and amen!"

I think that women that come to the Caribbean need to have the "romance" involved, because in the Anglo-Saxon tradition, "it" is never given away freely....there is that terrible Protestant Ethic hanging over us....but if "love is involved" well, so much the better. Apparently the local sankies have tapped into something here.....

HB

You are absolutely right. I was saying something to this effect in another post on another forum. It sometimes takes American men months or maybe years to say the things that you might hear from a Dominican man within a week or two. I think a lot of women coming from NA or Europe and being unfamiliar with the Dominican culture and "Sankieism" think that maybe these men are just different and are more affectionate and open. In essence this is what we as women are looking for in men. We want to be wanted and needed and doted upon and when you go to the DR and you talk to a guy and this is how they treat you, you are taken back by it. And until you come here and read this forum you don't know that it could all be a trick. You just chalk it up to a cultural difference and think that everything is good. Until you realize that it might not be. The local sankies have definitely tapped into something....