DOminicanos en michigan hablen carajo

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Chaki

Jan 11, 2007
mire gente soy nueva aqui pero hablenme like u've known me for years, tell me ur stories of ur exps in this dumb state, ven no tenga verguensa

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
mire gente soy nueva aqui pero hablenme like u've known me for years, tell me ur stories of ur exps in this dumb state, ven no tenga verguensa
Welcome Chaki,
As you would like us to talk to you as if we've known you for years, may I suggest the following.
As this is a message board, and not a chat service, you may want to write as such, without the chat abbreviations, like "ur" for "your", or "u've" for "you've", as many of the readers will not understand you.
As well, a major portion of the members do not speak Spanish, so they will not understand, when you mix it into your sentences.
Perhaps, you would care to tell us more about yourself.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
La chaki, I totally understand when you call michigan a dumb state. I had lived near detroit for 5 months and worked in lake orion GM plant many years ago. Boy o boy, I had never seen so many dumb folks in my whole life in one place. people would get married when they are 23 yrs old (guys) and then work, go to grocery store and back home to sleep. This seems to be their routine. I was new there so I needed direction to certain places. I, quickly, realized that no one knew anything about anything. I would ask where this road goes to or how can I get to point B from point A, I would get the answer "Oh I always go this way, so I can't tell you where this road goes to". I mean they couldn't even guess at anything. After 5 months, I think I knew more about the city than the natives.
AZB

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
AZB you crack me up sometimes.:D :D

With all the recent threads that have been appearing lately your use of the phrase, "people would get married when they are 23 yrs old (guys) and then work, go to grocery store and back home to sleep. This seems to be their routine", in an attempt to indicate how "dumb" people are in Michigan is hilarious.

I am assuming we can equate the word 'routine' to 'culture' in a broad sense and as this is a Dominican message board ....................... I'm sorry I just felt that it was appropriate to mention this.

Rick

Back on topic. Which is what???????

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"people would get married when they are 23 yrs old (guys) and then work, go to grocery store and back home to sleep. This seems to be their routine", in an attempt to indicate how "dumb" people are in Michigan is hilarious.
Rick
It was simply to indicate that most lived a very simple boring life. Remember, I had moved there from NYC so it was quite a surprise for me to see the "tigaraje" missing in the young folks. This was in 1990.
AZB

Guillen

Jan 5, 2007

This is a classic modern spanglish paragragh, early High school ?? Anyone?? Back to the question,
La chaki, Aproximately a week ago someone in Grand Rapids was asking for Dominicans in the area. Can't remember exactly where. Do a search, maybe is someone close to you.

vickat20

Aug 2, 2005
La chaki, I totally understand when you call michigan a dumb state. I had lived near detroit for 5 months and worked in lake orion GM plant many years ago. Boy o boy, I had never seen so many dumb folks in my whole life in one place. people would get married when they are 23 yrs old (guys) and then work, go to grocery store and back home to sleep. This seems to be their routine. I was new there so I needed direction to certain places. I, quickly, realized that no one knew anything about anything. I would ask where this road goes to or how can I get to point B from point A, I would get the answer "Oh I always go this way, so I can't tell you where this road goes to". I mean they couldn't even guess at anything. After 5 months, I think I knew more about the city than the natives.
AZB

I do live in Michigan.

Sadly, I concur.:cry:

La Chaki

Jan 11, 2007
hi

This is a classic modern spanglish paragragh, early High school ?? Anyone?? Back to the question,
La chaki, Aproximately a week ago someone in Grand Rapids was asking for Dominicans in the area. Can't remember exactly where. Do a search, maybe is someone close to you.

guillen dont analyze me im just tryin to write in a way more ppl would understand me, there arent alot of einsteins here, anytime i try to write in the way that i was taught, with education and all that ppl dont understand, im not sure of the age group here , and from what im seein here i cant assume anything hence u sayin i write like im in highschool, which im not i graduated in 05 and have a career

La Chaki

Jan 11, 2007
guillen

and its not a paragraph its one sentence, do u see four or more sentences? remember paragraphs consist of four or more sentences, with the topic sentence, which is indented, body sentences, and the last one for the conclusion. dont mean to sound like a smart ass but u did before.

La Chaki

Jan 11, 2007
seriously

for the love of god! this is for rocky its a dominican forum they should be able to read my spanglish!!! they're DOMINICAN, if they cant they can just send me a private message asking me to translate... if u cant read spansh po vete pa la mierda y metete en otro sitio. and something about myself , ignorant people annoy me, im 19 work alot saving money love learning like to travel love icecream, and i cry everytime i cut my hair

La Chaki

Jan 11, 2007
wow

that is confusing, how is it a dominican forum, with most of the ppl only know english, so what , was this the forum on the dominican religion or the actual latinocounrty?, and if its the latino country i should smack each and everyone one of u domincans that cant speak a word of spanish, assimilating to the point where u cant speak ur native tongue o hell no!!!! and dont blame ur parents cuz after a certain age ur responsible for urself> cono

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This isn't a Dominican forum.

It's a forum about the Dominican republic. News and travel information is shared about the Dominican Republic. ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Chaki, this is a forum about the Dominican Republic, frequented by Dominicans but mainly by foreigners with an interest in the country. Some members live in the DR and speak Spanish, while many others don't. It is part of the DR1.com website, which is a website providing news and information about the DR to an English-speaking audience. Again, some but not all of this audience is Dominican or of Dominican origin.

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
(if u cant read spansh po vete pa la mierda y metete en otro sitio.)

How rude! I thought fowl language was not allowed in this forum.

Moderator?

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
refreshing

I find this 19-yr-old girl refreshing, but as long lasting as a day-old doughnut. She's dynamic, and some of us 'ole fu.ks don't remember that energy. give her some leeway. You wanna keep hearing from the same 'ole fogies? I don't. She's young and you're (we're) not. Join the revolution....or die, and rummy it up. It's only one thread, you don't have to read it.:bunny: Chill already.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
and its not a paragraph its one sentence, do u see four or more sentences? remember paragraphs consist of four or more sentences, with the topic sentence, which is indented, body sentences, and the last one for the conclusion. dont mean to sound like a smart ass but u did before.
Hey Chaki,
Glad to have you aboard.
Hope you stick around, even after I tell you that you're mistaken as to the definition of a paragraph.

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[FONT=arial,sans-serif]par?a?graph[/FONT] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words.

Status
Not open for further replies.