American Football in The DR

rudypantaleon

Jun 6, 2006
Yes, american football is being played in the Dominican Republic, there is a league being formed, practices are every monday and thursday at 7:00 p.m on Estadio Olimpico warm-up track and on saturdays at 2:00 p.m, the league is open to Adults, there is also a university team being formed from UASD...

If you want to play, or just enjoy Football please pass by....

if you need more information contact me at rh_pantaleon@hotmail.com

thanks!!!

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
very good program

Yes....I was living in the island, when this program began by my friend Miguel, and the gringo John and others, this is an awesome flag football league, ever since the world cup of flag football was played in PP it has been growing, there is a program being built up in the PP area and in Santo Domingo, a very good program that needs alot of support....

C

Chip00

Mexican version

All I can hope is that it's better than the Mexican version. They look like they are running in slow motion.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I wish I were there to lend a hand. I played three years pro (leather helmet days), and would really get a "kick" from seeing you guys succeed.

Has there ever been a real American football game in the DR? Maybe US colleges? What kind of interest do y'all think there might be for such an event, say, in Santo Domingo?

rudypantaleon

Jun 6, 2006
Some history of the program, back in the 80s a group of young guys started a football team in the Dominican Republic they named the team The Dominican Raiders, coached by an ex Navy Seal Officer and ex NCAA player named Donny....few years later the reins of the team where taken by coach Arthur Levy who had experience in coaching in various levels in the US, in the 80s the Raiders played against teams from P.R and Panama, and had exhibition games (inter squad) in different areas of the country, in the 90s the raiders formed another team Hurones del Caribe, mainly of young guys that wanted to learn, but where not in the level of game as the old Raiders and also a university based team the UNIBE Knights....in the 90s the raiders kept playing with teams from the puerto Rican league as well as from other south american leagues, and the knights played the Puerto Ricans also , and a couple of semi pro teams from FL...

the last International Game played in the Dominican Republic was in 2000 where a national selection played a national selection of Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico won by a touchDown.

4 years ago some of the guys that used to play started a flag league, but the desire was to re-start the efforts to form a Real Tackle Football league, we started to get equipment from the guys who used to play as we as ordering new equipment and on september 2006 we started full tackle practices on the Dominican Republic....

In Mid Feb we will have an exhibition game, i will post all details when we have the exact date

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
I was shock at how close many in the island follow the NFL, even known the name of their favorite players. ..I reminded meo of the NBA back in the Nick's Patrick Ewing vs. the Bull's Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen era.

rudypantaleon

Jun 6, 2006
Exhibition Game

The Exhibition game will be held at The baseball field of the Banco Central Club in Ave,. Independecia on Feb 17 5:00 p.m, we will be using a small field for this exhibition since we have support from the Banco Central and they wanted the game to be held at the club, we will have people representing the Central Bank, US Embassy, SEDEFIR, sponsors, media, the game will have a close circuit projection on a giant Screen, and some suprise guests, fireworks, drinks etc.... open to the Public