postponed games

Sep 19, 2005
hey guys and gals I had plans to go see a game in the capitol on the 16th (tues) between the aguilas and the tigers. But with the recent rain outs the aguilas have missed 2 games. and it looks like they are gonna be made up . this information from the dominican baseball site has me worried about the scheduled game I was going to go see....I am wondering if they have postponed the regular game and are going to play a make up game in santiago instead, on the day they were goign to play in the capitol

i translated this info and it calls the 16th a monday..which is wrong....so either they will play monday( which makes sense) or they will play on the 16th..which would effect my plans to go to the capitol....

the aguilas seem to have a make up game to play on the 17th...which is after the round robins was supposed to end....
also if I read it sorrectly, they said they might not play any round robins games that cant eefect the outcome of who makes it to the finals...which could ahppen if the gigantes and the aguilas win one more game each

bob

Sep 19, 2005
the edit button is dogging it today...so here is the info i quoted:

El partido suspendido anoche en el estadio Cibao, de Santiago de los Caballeros, entre los Azucareros del Este y las Aguilas Cibae?as, ha sido reasignado para el mi?rcoles 17, en caso de ser necestario.
El encuentro suspendido hoy entre Aguilas Cibae?as y Gigantes del Cibao, en el parque Juli?n Javier de San Francisco de Macor?s, ha sido reasignado como parte de una doble cartelera para este lunes 16, iniciando a las 5:00 de la tarde. A primera hora los Gigantes actuar?n como due?os del hogar, mientras que a segunda hora, 20 minutos m?s tarde luego de finalizado el primero, las Aguilas ser?n home club.

bob

Guillen

Jan 5, 2007
Two games today (15th) @ Cibao Stadium between Aguilas y Gigantes, starting @5pm. Tomorrow (16th) Aguilas Vs Licey in SD as scheduled.If Aguilas and Gigantes win two of their next 3 games, they will move to the Final series and Licey is out.

Sep 19, 2005
thanks...if the aguilas win both games today and the Tigers beat the Azucereros...then tuesdays game in Santo Domingo will be exciting!!

Licey will need to beat the Aguilas to get in the finals....

the three teams kept it close enough to make it a playoff

bob

Guillen

Jan 5, 2007
Aguilas Vs Licey again??????

Actually, with Aguilas already classified to the finals; chances are they will rest their starters tonight. Tejada is the only one in need of batting timing.
The "game" however to watch is tomorrow in Macoris, Licey Vs Giants. The winner moves to the finals.
Dream finals has to be again Aguilas-Licey. From a business side, the money is with the traditional teams in the large cities........ Salivating!!!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
44ugj9x.jpg