Road conditions from SDQ to Las Terrenas

virtue2003

Jan 15, 2007
I'm arriving in Santo Domingo on Sunday and had planned to rent a jeep and drive to Las Terrenas from there. Due to the recent flooding, is there any part of that route that is impassable? If so, are the busses still running to Las Terrenas? Thanks!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
yeah, buses are still running. If you want to have it easier, take the San F. de M. road, instead of Cotui's...

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I'm arriving in Santo Domingo on Sunday and had planned to rent a jeep and drive to Las Terrenas from there. Due to the recent flooding, is there any part of that route that is impassable? If so, are the busses still running to Las Terrenas? Thanks!

as of today,16 jan...all the busses from SD to las terrenas and el limon are still running...they do go thru San Francisco instead of cotui for some time...a bridge is under construction just out of cotui towards nagua.
you can go from SD to LT by bus for 200 pesos from la parada on caracas esq. enriquillo...about 3 or 4 busses a day to LT starting at 800 am,1100am...140pm and another at 3 or 330 about a 5 hour trip...I use it almost weekly,as it drops me off at my front door in el limon
bob

AndySpb

Jun 10, 2004
You dont need jeep to go to Las Terrenas. The road is in good condition so the normal car is ok