When Will It Be My Turn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazy moon

Oct 2, 2005
Well I am also waiting for my husband to get the phone call on when he can pick up his visa. My husband had his interview on Nov the first and still we have no answers. They took his passport and said we will call you in 1 week.It has been 2 months and 2 weeks now. I have e-mailed the visa office,faxed and called them. My local M.P. office has also done the same.But on january 10 th I did het a reply from Haiti. They told me they could not give me any information untill I gave them my husbands file number and b-date. But I did in my last e-mail to them and in my fax. I feel like forgetting everything. Anyways does anyone know if I can book my husband an all inclusive trip from Canada for 2 people so that when he does get his visa we can fly back together?????????????????????????? Help Please! I was also told that Dominicans flying for the first time must pay almost doulble the price. I wonder if I could even book a seat for him one way on my flight coming back from Puerto Plata so we can fly together. I called my travel company and they said it would be no problem. I also called another company and they said I could not do that. I give up. Well if anyone would like to e-mail me at demers_72@hotmail.com I could really use the support and help. Thanks Tamara So Sad

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi crazy moon,

You cannot book an AI vacation from Canada for someone in another country. They have to live in the city or province where the ticket is issued.

You can however purchase him a ticket in Puerto Plata when you are ready to fly home to Canada. Why don't you stay with him instead of an AI and then you can both fly home together.

curlyq

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Hey,

This sounds very similar to my situation. The file # in Haiti is different from the one that they use in Canada. I think they usually start with a 'B' and then about 9 numbers. Try calling SD to get this number.

Kim

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Hi crazy moon,

You cannot book an AI vacation from Canada for someone in another country. They have to live in the city or province where the ticket is issued.

You can however purchase him a ticket in Puerto Plata when you are ready to fly home to Canada. Why don't you stay with him instead of an AI and then you can both fly home together.

curlyq

I don't think is true, I am sure once upon I time ago, I booked a trip for Canadian and a Brazilian for an AI holiday....

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
You can book yourself into the AI with one air ticket, then add land only for him at the resort. Then 3 days before your flight home, if there is a seat available you can buy him a one way ticket. But he must have all his documents in order at the time of purchase.

Hope that helps.

canadiangirl858

Oct 17, 2006
When my husband came I bought him a ticket from Toronto through my travel agent.
This is how we did it.....I bought myself an all inclusive at an A1...I got him a land only (which allowed him to stay at the A1) and my travel agent issued him a ticket round trip with a return date. We just didn't use the return ticket. And nobody questioned it. We flew with Air Canada...it was more expensive but no hassles. All my travel agent needed for his ticket was the correct spelling of his name (the way it appears on the passport)
PM me if you want...

Janni

Mar 19, 2005
Crazy Moon....Book your flight only or to an A1 from Canada for yourself. When you get there and he has all his papers...which includes stamped visa in passport and documentation from Santo Domingo, go to the Air Transat office in POP and buy his direct flight to Canada. From POP to Toronto it's approx $500 U.S.

Hope you hear soon!! :bunny: