Buying (or building) in South West

numlock

Dec 4, 2006
hi Everybody,

I'm thinking about buying (or building) a house in the DR. I'm thinking extreme south west (near the town of Enriquillo).

I was wondering how realistic is it to buy land in that area and hire a company to build a house. (I wonder if there are any contractors at all)

Also how bad is the mosquito problem in that area ?

TIA

Feb 15, 2005
hi Everybody,

I'm thinking about buying (or building) a house in the DR. I'm thinking extreme south west (near the town of Enriquillo).

I was wondering how realistic is it to buy land in that area and hire a company to build a house. (I wonder if there are any contractors at all)

You'll be making a wise investment because the property value is very reasonable at this time. I can guarantee you that in two years the prices in he area will sky rocket. I purchase oceanfront property in Barahona (see: castillosdelcaribe.com, I'm standing on my property taking a photo of the large Palm trees. Needless to say the view is awesome and I purchase for a good price three years ago.

I am working with a developer at this time and if you would like his numbers etc let me know. He is from by way of California and Miami residing in the Dominican Republic.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
hi Everybody,

TIA

So you're going to build in an area that you don't seem to know much about...not too wise IMO.

If you do decide to buy and build, have a dominican do the negotiations for you otherwise you'll pay double or more for everything. You don't need a contractor per se to build. Best approach IMO is to have an architect design the house for you and then contract with a "maestro constructor" to build it. These are guys who are not engineers but are very knowledgeable about build houses. Make sure you see some of the houses this person has built before you commit to anything and make sure you're there 24X7 when they are building to make sure everything is done the way you want it.

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
For the Barahona area, or somewhere in that region along the coast would anybody have information on availability of property, agents etc. I understand that in general it is cheaper to by land/lot only and build a house than to by property with a house. Any indicative on the cost of property or land eg. rate per sqm. in the area of Barahona -and further along the coast on either side of the city?

Feb 15, 2005
I have a recommendation for you if you email me. There is a beatiful complex being built in the Paraiso area in Barahona. It will be situated within the mountain range with oceanviews. A river will flow within the complex creating a nature setting not found anywhere else in the Dominican Republic. The price per villa will be under $100,000 for the first stage. Like I said if you like email me and I can give you a contact and they can aarnge for a tour and prospectus.

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
Depend how much land you want to buy in the Enriquillo zone, and in what location. You don't find real estate agents in this area jet, so hurry.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Look for a poster called "zak023" he is in the middle of building a house down that way (Paraiso). I'm sure he can give you all the in's and out's on building etc etc. Nice guy and I'm sure will help you out.

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
My vision is why in Eriquillo, I was there but you don't have nice beaches. If you know somebody you still can find cheap land, if you don't they cheat you.
Sr. Alberto gives you a recommendation for a house at paraiso, maybe it's a good offer, depend the house location etc.
Paraiso, Juan Esteban, Barohuco I think are better places to buy land and let build your house.
If you need any help in this region Barahona-Enriquillo please send me a PM.

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
Oops I saw the offer of Mr. Alberto and think it starts with 100k and ends with 300k, I will check it out in 2 weeks. I saw this project many times but as far I know they are not building at this moment. The location is very good and so the idea in my opinion, the price it is not Punta Cana or Santo Domingo.

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
barahone area

thanks -please let me know when you have further information. I was in Paraiso last week, and indeed there was little information on the development. What about closed towards Barahona -even along the coast towards the East. Any information on that?

numlock

Dec 4, 2006
thanks for the replies. Now I have another queston. How would I go about finding land. Who do I need to go to ? Townhall ?

Also do I need to get permit to build a house (like in the USA) or is there no need for that ?

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Observation from the Frontier !!

Ah, the buying - building inquires make it to the frontier. Leave for a few months and everyone is moving in.

Send us a PM and we will open a discussion with you on these subjects.

LCI ( Larimar Coast Investment ) Group - Cabral has been in the area for awhile and has various private developments between Barahona and Enriquillo.

We will be starting a large Villa for a couple out of Palm Harbour, FL in El Arroyo later this year.

KFrancisco de Cabral
LCI Group - Cabral