Boca Chica 1/10-1/15

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
el candil was very nice and the peterri was an excellent host. he picked me up from the airport and took me back on the 15th. my apartment was very nice and the maids cleaned it every day. unfortunately i got an apartment on the street side and the noise was very apparent, so was the massage parlor traffic across the street. boca chica is a very quaint town with not a lot of nightlife but ok if you're not a party person. the various restaurants were great and the beach was good.

the only real sad thing i saw was the people with the legs and arms missing begging in the streets. that was so sad...

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Snoorrr!!

el candil was very nice and the peterri was an excellent host. he picked me up from the airport and took me back on the 15th. my apartment was very nice and the maids cleaned it every day. unfortunately i got an apartment on the street side and the noise was very apparent, so was the massage parlor traffic across the street. boca chica is a very quaint town with not a lot of nightlife but ok if you're not a party person. the various restaurants were great and the beach was good.

the only real sad thing i saw was the people with the legs and arms missing begging in the streets. that was so sad...

What kind of trip report was that?? Come on buddy, give us the dirty details, we know your holding back, hahahaha.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
yes i am out of respect for the site....that trip report is kinda long...

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
yes i am out of respect for the site....that trip report is kinda long...

Well how about the status of restaurants, bars, best spots on the beach, prices, what to look out for, etc.. Since the thread is open, might as well make it interesting and informative. Is Jhovanny's Colmado still open?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I just returned from BC and sadly to say the price for a Presidente in Route 66 (Piano Bar) has been raised to 100 pesos and that is not for a "grande"! I don't know the name of the colmado on the corner just east of Route 66 but the price there for a Presidente is 50 pesos. So for half the price you can watch the same scenery. Actually the colmado was more fun.

I stayed at Tropical Gardens and I doubt if they will see any more of my $USD.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
restaurants are pretty good, beach is small with plenty of vendors to hassle you and there is one club (route 66). what to look for is people raising the prices when they see you are a gringo. i saw it happen a few times at the bars and the massage parlors. oops, did i say that ?? :)

maestro

Feb 5, 2007
is Boca chica a safe environment at night? how is the nightlife? good bars or just prostitutes, I would like to see a good nightlife...