prices boat wale watching

Chantal-Hooked

Mar 7, 2005
Hello,

Me and my boyfriend live in Cabarete for over a year, but we have never been to Samana yet. We would like to go there soon, so I was wondering if anybody can tell me what it costs to go with a boat into the Samana bay to see the wales? We go by our own car, so we will just buy a ticket when we are there.

Thanks,
Chantal

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Thread On Whales

Hello,

Me and my boyfriend live in Cabarete for over a year, but we have never been to Samana yet. We would like to go there soon, so I was wondering if anybody can tell me what it costs to go with a boat into the Samana bay to see the wales? We go by our own car, so we will just buy a ticket when we are there.

Thanks,
Chantal

DR1 - Travel :bunny: see wales in the UK HA HA :cool: :bunny: whales;) http://www.dr1.com/forums/travel-questions/48418-whale-watching-am-i-too-late.html#post378670

Last edited:

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
"... so we will just buy a ticket when we are there."

Book ahead - by phone or e-mail, but book it ahead!

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
This morning I dropped off some of our hotel's guests at Whale Samana (Kim's company) in Samana to go out today. Prices quoted were $50usd per person for whale watching only and if you want to stop over at Cayo Levantado for several hours afterward, the price is $55usd. You can call them for reservations at (809) 538-2588. You will want to do this as they offer tours in different languages and you will want to schedule one in a language you understand.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I just received an email from Kim today about a February 27th reservation and they are fully booked for that day! Now that is Independence Day but, still, it's more than a month away! If you know when you will be Samana, I suggest you book now!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Unlike other boat operators, Kim does not overload her boat. As others have said, advance reservations are the best way to be sure you see the whales with her.

Spoke with Kim today and asked her about the whales. She said "mothers, calves and big waves."