Wireless internet For our business

ruagatto2

Jan 20, 2005
HI We lived in the DR for a while last year , we tried and tried to get internet to no avail, i spent most of my day at the i net cafe.

Has any body tried the Wireless cards? I seen some of the posts and they talked about the orange, has anyone tried this service? Also were any of the wi fi companies trying to get you to sign a contract for 2 years?

I havent seen answers to these questions on this board , so any help would be awsome.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
where did you live?

i've had internet from at least 1996 in santo domingo.
never signed any particular contract, just got the service added to my telephone bill.
i have a wireless system set up and works perfectly.

santo domingo is full of hot spots (for a pda type device that i have).

can't imagine what your problems would have been.

ruagatto2

Jan 20, 2005
We lived in Jarabacoa.

I guess the infrastructure was better in the capital?

In the mountains we couldent even get a guy to come to the house for months ?

I am really tryin to see if any one is using the g3 system (orange or whoever ) and if its working out for them, should have mentioned that in the first post. Our business model is set up on the internet so we will have to have a reliable connection.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
We used it once and tossed it out. It is no better than your cell phone would be in the same place. Too much money for very little. In the areas where your cell phone works, obviously the card works, but it is always an iffy and expensive situation. There is lots of other posts on the board about this. Do a search.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
mundo1tele

you cna try mundo1telecom.com or dgtech i know they are putting a network together for the Cibao region for Wifi