Barahona- Car Rental?

jeanmarie

Mar 24, 2004
Anybody know if is there is a reputable car rental agancy in Barahona?

Specifically I woudl be looking for a minivan, large SUV or even a larger 11 or 15 passenger van. For 2 weeks in early August 2007.

Any names or tel #'s would be appreciated!

Thank you.

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
As far as I know you don't find car rental in Barahona, you can rent mini-buses with driver, but it is like taxi. If you are really interest I can try to find your tranport. Maybe you can send the exact dates and ask around for you.
Why not a pick-up, is cheaper.

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
If you have any interest jeanmarie I can offer you 2 pick-up cars,able to transport 11-15 persons, with 2 local drivers who both come from this zone and know all the nice places to see. The price is incl. the 2 drivers excl. the gas. The problem with pick-up cars is the sun, but you can see everything better then in a ac-bus. The price for two weeks 2 cars, 2 drivers 40.000 pesos about.

Feb 15, 2005
I just got back from Barahona and they just opened the first car rental in town. It's called L & M Car Rental. They offer a pickup and drop off at the airport.

jeanmarie

Mar 24, 2004
Any chance you have a phone # for L&M?

Also, do you mean that they will pick up from Las Americas, take you to Barahona then rent the car to you there, then when you drop it off take you back to the Capital?

Thx.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
I just got back from Barahona and they just opened the first car rental in town. It's called L & M Car Rental. They offer a pickup and drop off at the airport.

I assume you are referring to Las Americas airport which is 3 hours away.

I just don't see that happening..They would lose money if they offered that type of service..And as you know Barahona airport is not open to commercial flights...If L & M Car Rental is making a claim like that then I would love to see how long they stay in buisness..Unless the rental fee is extremely high.

Feb 15, 2005
Any chance you have a phone # for L&M?

Also, do you mean that they will pick up from Las Americas, take you to Barahona then rent the car to you there, then when you drop it off take you back to the Capital?

Thx.

JeanMarie,

The L & M Car Rental is located in the town of Barahona. Once reservations are confirmed they will pick you up and drop you off at the conclusion of your stay.

These are the numbers:
809-524-6248
809-862-2533

I just came back on Monday the 5th and spoke with the owner of the company. The rentals are WAY cheaper than airport rates and very convinient if you plan to travel primarily in the southwest since you wouldn't have to pay extra for the airport fees or deal with traffic in the capital.

Feb 15, 2005
JeanMarie,

Since there are no other car rentals in Barahona except for L & M Car Rental. It does afford them to have excellent prices. All I can say is that you should call and optain a price quote, including pickup and drop off at the airport and let us know.

jeanmarie

Mar 24, 2004
Thank you all for your responses... As it happens my plans have changed fromt he big group in the summer to just my husband, baby & I on Memorial Day Weekend (thank your for the fare sale JetBlue :)).

Thanks Richard for the L&M referral,I will check them out.

Jeanmarie

destinationbarahona

Nov 22, 2008
www.destinationbarahona.com
Since June 2008 we open the Rent-a-car business in Baraona.
We have also the service for tourist information (so you get an idea where to go and how to go) - that means: we do also reservation for excursions and for hotels.
Rent a car: Available are: Daihatsu Sirion, Toyota RAV4, Toyota Hilux doble cabin 4x4, Fun Buggy (Beach Buggy)
Beside the Fun Car all cars are models from 2008, in good conditions.
We offer full insurance and also the pick-up service to/from your Hotel in the area Barahona/Paraiso.

alexjorden1

Apr 3, 2009
I visit the website and send request on van rental quote for 12 to 15 passenger.
When I got the reply I surely share that information.

destinationbarahona

Nov 22, 2008
www.destinationbarahona.com
Please MAIL me
achimfinkelde@yahoo..de
or send me a PM here.

The office in Barahona is closed for now. The Rental is outisde Barahona located, but you can get the car delivered to any Hotel near Barahona.
CC possible.
Disponible:
Daihatsu Sirion 2008/ Toyota RAV4 2008/ Toyota Hilux 3.0D Doble 4x4 2008 and Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 2008

I do not work anymore more the company but I can ask for prices. Would be a surprise if you get an answer on your request.
Websites are in remodelation and also they change the Hosting/Server. There was to many problems with the provider before.

So, help needed? Contact me

alexjorden1

Apr 3, 2009
What are Los Angeles rental terms and conditions? Can I extend the car rental duration during my trip to LA?