weddings!

v.gadsby

Oct 30, 2006
hi i am getting married at the holiday village golden beach in oct 07 i have started this thread for any other brides/grooms to be to share info and also if any newley weds want to give some hints tips that would be great! i am from wales uk!

shelobern

Nov 6, 2006
Hi just read that you started this from the HVGB forum - well done!!! You seemed lonely so I thought I'd post and now add it to my favourites.

I'm also getting married at Holiday Village golden beach in Mar 08 and can't wait to hear how anyone else got on with their wedding here.

miss mia

Oct 13, 2006
hello im getting married on 26th feb in casa marina sosua, if you need any info on papers or anything im pretty much done now so i can let you know

CLOWE

Oct 13, 2006
Hvgb 3rd Sept - 25th Sept

Hi all, nice one v.gadsby for setting this up, spoke to you on numerous occasions, also shelobern and grogan. its really nice to speak to loads of brides to be. maybe we should put the hotel and dates in the header for when we are getting married so its easier as i know i keep getting confused with all the dates. xx christine xx:cheeky:

miss mia

Oct 13, 2006
my wedding was pretty cheap $900 for 10 guests , champagne, cake 3 course meal, wedding cert ect but the papaer work needed from uk was ?42 for legalisation of birth cert and stat dec then another ?290 for legalisation and translation from dominican embassy !!!
have you set a date yet ?

CLOWE

Oct 13, 2006
wedding bouquet

Is anyone concerned about their wedding bouquet or is it just me being paranoid? My friend has just got married in Antigua in a 5* plus hotel and the wedding bouquet was horrible, so its started me off worrying as to what it will be like, if its anything like hers she was asked which colours she wanted but it seriously looked like an old grannie had put them together. im wanting something exotic and colourfull.

Planner - hopefully you will look on this thread, can you tell us if there are any flowers like this in the Dominican or are they expensive??:paranoid:

v.gadsby

Oct 30, 2006
hvgb 7.10.07-21.10.07

hi i was worried about flowers but a friend has sugested taking a boquet made of fake? flowers and then if you dont like what is offered you are all sorted! i will have to see if there is enough room for this though! i am also a bit worried about decoratin and photos!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I got married last July at the Superclubs Breezes and I did ask the wedding coordinator if I brought a picture can they make the bouquet and I did let he know the types of flowers I wanted before hand. I brought a picture of the bouquet I wanted and they did an amazing job it looked just like the picture. I too was worried about it but the bouquet for myself, maid of honour and flower girls came out beautiful! I was very nice to the wedding coordinator who was very nice as well. I guess that helped having someone as good as her :) I also left her a small gift as a thank you she was very happy and grateful :) I received my marriage certificat in 2 wks which I was shocked since a lot of people had complained how long it took to receive them.
Sorry back to flowers, I had yellow and orange roses with a few sunflowers in my bouquet. If you would like to see them for yourself check out my pics at: Flickr: Photos from Bachatafreak
Your day will go great, I was just as worried and everything was beautiful and perfect!!
Let me know if you have any questions :)

Is anyone concerned about their wedding bouquet or is it just me being paranoid? My friend has just got married in Antigua in a 5* plus hotel and the wedding bouquet was horrible, so its started me off worrying as to what it will be like, if its anything like hers she was asked which colours she wanted but it seriously looked like an old grannie had put them together. im wanting something exotic and colourfull.

Planner - hopefully you will look on this thread, can you tell us if there are any flowers like this in the Dominican or are they expensive??:paranoid:

iojames

Jan 3, 2007
1st-15th of April 2007

Hi there brides to be!!

Well, I have been following the HV thread for about 3-4 weeks now and I've not heard many people mention weddings. I think that we might be one of the first to get married at the HVGB.

I phoned First Choice today regarding a few wedding matters and they have agreed to find out a few things and get back to me a.s.a.p.

Is anyone going over before April to get married?

Iona

donnab

Jan 15, 2007
April

I am flying out on 2nd April but am still a bit aprehensive about the HV. I have requested either the 9th or the 11th for the date of my wedding, I suppose I will find out when I get there. My travel agent has been onto first choice for me and they have agreed that the resort has had teething problems but they say everything is smooth now. I am not sure about the gazebo, I don't know where our families are going to fit as there are 24 of us. In a way I wish I had never read the other thread because I have been obsessed with it.

The wedding photos on this site reminded me why I have chose not to get married at home. I just can't wait.

Does anyone know howmuch it costs to get the wedding on DVD.

Thanks

Donna

donnab

Jan 15, 2007
April

I am flying out on 2nd April but am still a bit aprehensive about the HV. I have requested either the 9th or the 11th for the date of my wedding, I suppose I will find out when I get there. My travel agent has been onto first choice for me and they have agreed that the resort has had teething problems but they say everything is smooth now. I am not sure about the gazebo, I don't know where our families are going to fit as there are 24 of us.

The wedding photos on this site reminded me why I have chose not to get married at home. I just can't wait.

Does anyone know howmuch it costs to get the wedding on DVD.

Thanks

Donna

iojames

Jan 3, 2007
Hi Donna!
I have also requested the 9th but our 2nd date was the 10th. There are 34 of us at the moment going out and the gazebo does seem very small. One of the questions I asked First Choice today if there were any other locations to chose from?!
My friend got married in Mexico last April and her DVD was around ?200.
Where are you from Donna?
We are from Cardiff and flying from Gatwick on the 1st. I'm counting down the weeks! 9 to go!!!!Yipee!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
The wedding video where I got married was $250.00US to give you an idea of the range of prices it would depend on the resort. That includes taping the ceremony and a edited ocpy of video cassette for you. Additonal $20US for video on DVD.
I didn't purchase it as I had my brother in law video tape the wedding it was quite funny I preferred it that way :)
Congrats to you both and have fun on your day, be sure to enjoy it :) Post some pics as well.
I wouldn't of done it any other way and recommend it to everyone a wedding away was so much fun!!

donnab

Jan 15, 2007
We are from Newcastle. Some of our party are flying from Gatwick on 31st March but the rest are of are going from Manchester. You can get married at a beach location aswell but I haven't seen any photos of that. Have you managed to get all your paperwork in order. The travel agent who I booked through got married in Mexico in October and her DVD was fabulous. The horse and carriage took her to the gazebo but there was just lush grass and a large gazebo with a beautiful hotel in the background. At the HV there seems to be bushes all around the gazebo so I definately think I will be having mine at the beach. We may both get the 9th. There seems to be a few large parties going at the same time as us. I just hope all the rooms are close to each other and we are not spread all over the complex.

The first choice plains look great. The kids are excited to play the games. 2 of them have never flown before so are going to be gutted next time they fly short haul.

Have you considered moving accomodation?

What age group is your party and howmany kids?

Donna

donnab

Jan 15, 2007
Thanks.

Its even better when you can pursuade all you family to come along with you.

Donna

shelobern

Nov 6, 2006
We are from Newcastle. Some of our party are flying from Gatwick on 31st March but the rest are of are going from Manchester. You can get married at a beach location aswell but I haven't seen any photos of that. Have you managed to get all your paperwork in order. The travel agent who I booked through got married in Mexico in October and her DVD was fabulous. The horse and carriage took her to the gazebo but there was just lush grass and a large gazebo with a beautiful hotel in the background. At the HV there seems to be bushes all around the gazebo so I definately think I will be having mine at the beach. We may both get the 9th. There seems to be a few large parties going at the same time as us. I just hope all the rooms are close to each other and we are not spread all over the complex.

The first choice plains look great. The kids are excited to play the games. 2 of them have never flown before so are going to be gutted next time they fly short haul.

Have you considered moving accomodation?

What age group is your party and howmany kids?

Donna

Hi Donnab - can I ask where you have seen the pictures of the wedding gazebo? I haven't seen any of either of the HV wedding locations.

Music - lovely wedding pics thanks for posting them.

donnab

Jan 15, 2007
shelobern

The gazebo was on the large thread about the HV. To be honest I have took it upon myself to assume that that's where the weddings take place. I hope I am wrong as the surroundings of it were not what I had a picture of in my head.

When are you getting married? or are you a guest.

Donna