Sending a package from Sosua to Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
If I want to send a package from Samana to Santo Domingo is there a door to door service, reliable... FedEx doesn't seem to offer in country service as far as I can see from their website...

Thx
Tig :paranoid:

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Caribe Tours .........

........has a delivery service called "Caribe Express" that has always been quite "secure" when we have used it........ It isn't door to door, but you drop it off here and they will deliver it to Santo Domingo and then your "person" will pick it up with a number and identification...........Very reasonable prices too and usually same day delivery.....

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
........has a delivery service called "Caribe Express" that has always been quite "secure" when we have used it........ It isn't door to door, but you drop it off here and they will deliver it to Santo Domingo and then your "person" will pick it up with a number and identification...........Very reasonable prices too and usually same day delivery.....

...and have someone with the recipient's cedula go pick it up.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've used Caribe Tours for years. Put your name and phone number on package as sender and name, phone number, and address, if you know it, of the person to receive the package. Caribe Tours will charge you a fee and give you a receipt. When it gets to Santo Domingo, the person you sent the package to will get a call from Caribe Tours. The person goes to Caribe Tours with ID and picks up the package.

Keep in mind that if you address it to a particular person, that person will probably have to pick it up. If you are sending it to an office, for example, better to address it to the office. You can put down at the bottom, Attn: name so that the office will know who gets it. But meantime, anybody from office can pick it up.

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
Any other options you can think of?

Thanks guys, I am familiar with Caribe Tours... but in this case it's a small packet I am sending down with a friend that I want delivered to my son's 85 yr old grandma in Invivienda. The whole idea is not to bother anyone on the receiving end as far as having to go out of their way to pick it up anywhere, it's just photos.

FedEx always makes it ($$$$$$) but regular mail from here doesn't seem to... I'm not sure about entrega especial with the mail... but would rather something FedEx like... where they have her phone number if they get lost and make sure to deliver.

Thanks again... Tig

Status
Not open for further replies.