place to stay in samana

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a friend is coming for a visit, she wants to go "somewhere amazing", minovio says it has to ba samana.
can anyone reccomend a nice small hotel? we will be coming for a weekend only, one night...

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Tropical Lodge
Av. marina
Apdo.Postal 14-2 - La Aguada
tel - 809-538-2480 fax -809-538-2068

I don't know how it is now, but I stayed there in the past, nice clean rooms, quaint French hotel, owners very pleasant (Jean Phillipe and Brigitte Merand).
Very reasonable rates at the time, nice dining area. Great view of the ocean.
Convienent location, right on the malecon and walking distance to different restaurants.

Hope this helps (and no, I am not affiliated with this hotel - just had the business card still !)

Marlie

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Tropical Lodge
Av. marina

I don't know how it is now, but I stayed there in the past, nice clean rooms, quaint French hotel, owners very pleasant (Jean Phillipe and Brigitte Merand).
Convienent location, right on the malecon and walking distance to different restaurants.

Hope this helps (and no, I am not affiliated with this hotel - just had the business card still !)

Marlie
They are booked through 2007+. Aren't they the ones who sold to the Jehovas Witnesses as a retreat?

Alida and I stayed @ El Marinique in Las Galeras for a few nights, and found it most acceptable. Drop AndyB a note.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Tookthe words right outta my mouf!!

The TAMBORA is a nice place although it is not "near' anything. But then, again, everything is near on the penisnula..

If budget is no object, you should at least look at Villa Serena....

But, I will reinterate, El Marineque is a fine place to stay....and food is better than Villa Serena..

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Tropical Lodge
Av. marina

Tropical Lodge is closed as a hotel for 2 years. The company with the contract to build an Aqueduct for the Samana area is using the entire hotel as lodging for its employees.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you everyone who helped. i look forward to this trip very much.
froggy, if we make to LT i will pop in for a visit! start making cheesecakes!
LOL

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
si y no

Welcome!
Hmm, the cheesecake... isn't that where your novio excels himself? :bunny:
... among other features, of course. ;)
m'frog

a woman shoud never stop looking for better "cheesecakes" ;)

we shall be travelling next weekend. saman?, here i cooooome!

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Tropical Lodge is closed as a hotel for 2 years. The company with the contract to build an Aqueduct for the Samana area is using the entire hotel as lodging for its employees.

Thank you for the info, Ken. What a shame, though, that it is closed, it was a nice little weekend getaway place for me when I got sick of POP !

Marlie

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Tropical Lodge

Tropical Lodge
Av. marina

Marlie

Ditto what SHE said! I stayed there last in 2005 and may I say that while there ARE cheaper places, there was none more quiet at night. You don't want to be cheap and stay at a place next door to a disco! So enjoy Tropical Lodge!

Or....I also stayed in Las Galeras and that was more beautiful. I would say to stay in LG and shuttle back and forth in guaguas, if you can handle that.

Good luck and do report back!
Sam

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Oops! I missed the BAD news about Tropical Lodge being used to lodge workers. What a Bimbo I am. I had better rush back to the Sanky Panky forum where I belong with my fake nails and fake hair and IQ of 80.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we are leaving for samana on friday, still no accomodation - everything is either booked or expensive. :tired:
today we are calling again nice lady from one of the guest houses, she promised to help. :bunny:

my friend is very excited about EVERYTHING (except throwing used loo paper to the bin, not the loo itself) :cheeky: . i will ask her to write her own trip report so i can post it here.

jimhe

Mar 26, 2006
dv8,

Let me know where you ended up staying. I am trying to arrange for a weekend trip from Juan Dolio to Samana (Feb 17, 18, 19) and am having a hard time finding a place to stay. thanks!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we stayed in an apartment close to the malecon, very dominican house, clean - if you do not mind some dust.
3 bedrooms, kitchen/living room. son of the owner (or maybe just a lady that rents a place) also arranged whale seeing for us for 1400 pesos per person.
apartment - only cold water, typical electricity issues.
it was sort of ok, thou.
price: 3000 pesos for two nights. sleeps up to 6 people (two double beds and two single). so divided gives a vary nice rate, does it not? but only if you don't care about luxuries and only want to to have a place to sleep and cook.

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
a friend is coming for a visit, she wants to go "somewhere amazing", minovio says it has to ba samana.
can anyone reccomend a nice small hotel? we will be coming for a weekend only, one night...

my friends grandparents stay on a beautiful hilltop in el campo la samana.his grandfather is a tour guide too.he speaks better english than me.they have people stay with them all the time.if you like call my friend juan carlos and set something up.very nice people.they has a fresh water spring on their property.ice cold water right out of the rocks.juan's # is 809-609-8976 and he can set yas up with his grandparents no problem.