Iberostar Bavaro - anyone been lately

jandtb

Jan 24, 2007
we leave on Feb. 10th and would appreciate receiving any info from those have been there recently.

brianm

Nov 23, 2004
Been there a couple times, last time over a year ago. Probably my favorite resort out of the one's I've been to in the DR. Anything particular you want to know?

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
Me too. Been there 8 times plus many day and night passes. Great resort, great staff. You'll have a wonderful vacation.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Just got back yesterday from Iberostar Punta Cana and although it's not the Bavaro, I can say we had a terrific time. It's all very clean, good food choices, great beach and great live bands. I'm sure you'll have a blast. Just make sure to bring your adaptors if you're from North America since for some reason they have european plugs in all the rooms. Other than that, no glitches whatsoever.

lells

Feb 12, 2007
hey have been to the bavaro twice and the punta cana/dominicana 5 times, we love it here, its a brilliant break and such a fun holiday :) x

rxrr

Feb 16, 2007
was there a few years ago. Have been to DR 8 times now and the Iberostar Bavaro was definitely the best. Better than the Bahia Principe which was brand new and supposed to be the best. It was not that great.

BrookRobyn

Mar 3, 2007
I am leaving for the Iberostar Bavaro on Wednesday - Can't wait! First time there! I will need to call home from the resort. What is the best/cheapest way to call my kids while I'm on vacation? I've heard calling cards, but that I will need to find a payphone because calling from the room is expensive. Should I buy a calling card here (US) before I leave or when I get to DR? And what brand should I buy?

Also, are the outlets in the Baravo rooms European or US?

Thanks so much for your help! Any other tips for while we are there?

mattm

Feb 28, 2007
I am leaving for the Iberostar Bavaro on Wednesday - Can't wait! First time there! I will need to call home from the resort. What is the best/cheapest way to call my kids while I'm on vacation? I've heard calling cards, but that I will need to find a payphone because calling from the room is expensive. Should I buy a calling card here (US) before I leave or when I get to DR? And what brand should I buy?

Also, are the outlets in the Baravo rooms European or US?

Thanks so much for your help! Any other tips for while we are there?

I got here too late, but yes...the outlets are US style. As for cheapest way to call home -- I use an international SIM in my cell phone. You could also send your kids email instead if that is an option, there is pay internet at the bavaro I think (I didn't try when I was there in December).