sankies are seen in a negative light

juey

Jan 24, 2007
There is a lot of negative talk about 'sankies', isn't it the case that relationships between local men and foreign women can be mutually beneficial

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There is a lot of negative talk about 'sankies', isn't it the case that relationships between local men and foreign women can be mutually beneficial
I don't know if they're beneficial, but if it makes you feel any better, there's a lot of negative talk about the foreign women too.

juey

Jan 24, 2007
I don't know if they're beneficial, but if it makes you feel any better, there's a lot of negative talk about the foreign women too.

it just seems that all women who enter into a relationship with a sankie is naive, surely a high percentage go into it with there eyes wide open

drluver

Oct 24, 2006

I think the difference is that people who openly engage in these types of relationships with their eyes open as you've put it are sex tourists and not being sankified.

Sankiness involves thinking a relationship is a part of the package (or at least convincing you it does)

If you are going there and knowing you are going to pay to take out a local and give them money isn't that prostitution?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Sanky Panky... The Movie

A little off subject... but what day in February is "Sanky Panky" the movie being released?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

"http://www.sankypanky.net"

blitz

Apr 3, 2006
A sankie is a sankie... just because the tourist goes in with eyes wide open doesn't mean that the sankie isn't playing their best game. The only difference is the tourist isn't falling for it!

Not to mention, who says the tourist is paying? If they're going in with eyes wide open, they can play the sankie at their own game..... The "experienced" (or whatever you might call it) sankies seem to invest a little of their own money, because in turn they expect a lot more to come their way later.. once they have the victim hooked.

juey

Jan 24, 2007
If they are both playing the game then no one is being exploited, but even women who have knowledge of sankies may still believe them

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
sankie panky pirate movie is already out and i am told its being sold in santiago streets.
AZB

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
I'm Ready to Laugh :D

sankie panky pirate movie is already out and i am told its being sold in santiago streets.
AZB
Great!! Maybe it's hit the streets of Washington Heights! I look forward to any early reviews.

BTW: Did they shoot the movie in Boca Chica, Sosua, or Punta Cana?

-Helpmann :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
with dating and in marraige you always "pay" for it one way or the other...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If they are both playing the game then no one is being exploited, but even women who have knowledge of sankies may still believe them

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here. If people go with eyes open and they know exactly what they are getting into to we could care less and I for one don't even want to hear about. non of my business;)

BUT and it's a big BUT :laugh: the reason the negativity comes out in these forums is because naive women and girls are conned into believing that this sankie she just met last week is totally in love with her and wants to have babies with her.

All people are doing in whatever manner they choose is to warn the naive that there are agendas behind the instance love during a week's holiday.

So again, if anyone is going there to get a sankie and roll around the hay all week just for fun, we could care less

I hope you have a better understanding now.

Sep 19, 2005
well if a man (or woman) provides the need that a sex tourist wants.. then they are not a sankie....as i have understood the term...

the term sankie should be reserved for the con artist, pretending to be in love with someone in the hope to solicite money from them....differetn animal totally.

Something I have noticed...and correct me if I am off base...but the OPEN trend for women to come and actively seek sex as a basis for their vacation to that particular spot seems to be amore recent trend. And it seems to be more public accepted than when it was known men traveled to a place for the same thing...it was well known that men traveled to places for the sex trade, but it wasnt openly discussed as on tv shows and news stations...as we have seem recently about the candian women

is that some sort of sexual revolution?

bob

juey

Jan 24, 2007
It isn't new, for years women have been going abroad and having sex with locals plus aiding them financially it just has more coverage now due to recent films and plays i.e 'sugar mummies'
The difference i think is that when men do the same thing and pay a local for sex they are deemed to be in control, when a women does it they are usually being played

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Little Reward

Not just mutually.
The sankie trade helps the country's economy and that of their families, earns foreign exchange and promotes tourism and lessens crime.

It's a shame that the government of this country does not appreciate the sankies' achievements and pay them a pension once their prime time is over.

m'frog