Taxi to Coral Hamaca

Hagar9

Jan 10, 2007
this is my first trip to dr we are landing at the Santo Damingo airport, and will be staying at the Coral Hamaca resort. My question is should I pre book ground transportation at about $165 for my wife and I , or should we wait untill we get there and just take a taxi?

Dirty Girl

Jun 12, 2006
this is my first trip to dr we are landing at the Santo Damingo airport, and will be staying at the Coral Hamaca resort. My question is should I pre book ground transportation at about $165 for my wife and I , or should we wait untill we get there and just take a taxi?

Save your money and take a taxi...I never heard of ground transportation from SDQ to Boca Chica that was that much money. When we went from the Hamaca to the airport in December we only paid twenty dollars and there were three of us.
Have a great trip!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
A Taxi is no more than $20 total for the car NOT per person from SDQ to Hamaca. I am fairly sure there is a free or $5 bus.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
wow, that's 40 bucks each way !! when i stayed at the Hamaca (9/2005) i booked transportation in advance it was about 50 bucks total.

i agree with the above post, take a taxi. how is your spanish ? remember to state your price BEFORE you get into any taxi so they don't overcharge you. i'm sure some of the DR1 members here know local drivers who can pick you up upon arrival.

have a nice trip !!

Hagar9

Jan 10, 2007
Thanks for the info it sounds like the best thing to do is get a taxi once I get there

jrzguy2

Sep 1, 2004
couldnt you call the hamaca and have them arrange for them to have a trustworthy taxi driver waiting for you at the airport??? i know smaller places that do this.

jrzguy2

Sep 1, 2004
plus...i am surprised that they dont have a bus that picks up their guests (it is an All Inclusive after all)

Gucci84

Jul 13, 2006
Definetly take a taxi, $20 no more and all you have to tell them is Hamaca, Boca Chica and they will know where to go. It will cost the same going back and there are taxis there all the time at Hamaca.