I went to four games on my recent trip

Sep 19, 2005
I saw the last game of the round robin for the Aguilas...against teh tigers of Licey in Santo Domingo...had front row seats...bought two tickets from scalpers who were fighting to sell me theri tickets..i walked in a looked at seats two times with different guys, each time rejecting the seats...the last set of tickets the guy went outside and negotiated from other to sell to me while me and my GF waited in the stands in the section behind the visitors dugout where we wanted out seats....he came back with A1- row f seat 5...the other ticket was seat 6...we negotiated to 2,500 pesos each....found out at game time..i didnt look closely at the second ticket very well...., while it was seat 6 it was a DIFFERENT row....the basstard sold 2 tickest 7 rows apart!!!!! not good.... and each seat was a solo, with people on either side...and they had friends, so it would be difficult to shuffle them around so we could sit together....just about the time I decided to let her sit up close and I go up to the last row....we saw 2 empty seats all the way down front....so we asked if any one had comein to sit there yet....nope...so we JUST SAT THERE!!! they never showed up....we were front row with our beers hanging on the dugout! 6 feet from all the players... the aguilas lost....

the next game three games we saw were in Santiago...I got tickets in the sections i wanted each game, but it took a lot of work...we waited in kline to buy tickets for 1 hour 45 minutes , only to have the line dissolve because that window wasnt going to sell tickets!...and i kept telling my GF..."HOW WILL EACH WINDOW KNOW WHAT THE OTHER WINDOW IS SELLING?.. they cant have one window sell have the stadium!!!!!!! they arent computerized i figured....well we waited till the first guy bought his tickets...he bought fout bleacher tickets for 600 pesos each...i said why did you wait so long to buy bleacher seats...he said thats all they were selling.. the rest were bought up before hand.!!!!!!!!!! before the tickets went on sale!! what DR BS!!!!!!!!!!

so we came back and fought with all the scalpers..they lie and lie and lie...they negotiate they can get the tickest you want..them come up with seast someplace else and say they are great anyway...I only wanted A1 A2 A3 or A4....I didnt want to be behind the sceen , behind the plate, or over behins the Licey team...I paid 2500 each for the first game , 2000 pesos each for teh second game we saw, and 2,200 each for the last game. all in sections i wanted....

The last game i saw the girl next to me brought the police down on us in almost pandmonium....seems some guy up behind us a bunch or rows was blowing his airhorn to the extend someone connected didnt like it...they were blowing them all over the stadium!!! well they brought in about 10 military uniformed guards and a few suits to confiscate his airhorns...we had a pair of ballzzz as well and he hyped up the crowd to heckle the parade of military guys.and it got kinda loud and ugly, and as the last guy reach the mezzaninie right behind us the girl threw something....and a suit was looking right at her when she did

well he cameat her with a vengaence, screaming, "you dont know who I am, be very careful", and then repeated his"you dont know who I am " a bunch of times .

funny thing was there was a row of police national right behind us the whole game.. and they didnt do nothing, and in fact were almost pushed on top of us as the other military guys tried to come in and get this girl...but the crowd just went balistic right around us..and they looked like they backed off...

anyway the games were a blast.....I am gonna miss the rest..my buddy said the season tickets for right behine home plate cost him 15,000 pesos...if thats right is a deal!

bob

Sep 19, 2005
Im still unpacking......I filled up more than 1 gig in my camera of pictures on this trip....and luckily there arent 200 of my GFs neices birthday party in THIS bunch........

bob

Sep 19, 2005
man....I am sorry I am such a terrible typist....

ill post up some photos tonight....

on another note at the Santo Domingo game, when i went down to get something to eat I saw a bunch of women in what looked like Licey cheerleader uniforms or outfits...but they were a little different than the ones you see on the girls who dance on top of the dugout. Plus since there were about 5 or 6 that i saw, and none looked like any that i recognize from Kyles photos or from seeing them across the field or from seeing them on TV....I wonder where they strutted their stuff? They caught my eye, because i really think they were much hotter than the ones on the dugout, over all....

funny the girl that sat next to me, came over after the 3 rd inning...she was on the phone 60% of the time!!!!! she told us( she talked a little english, the rest she just told my gf, and i got the it from her what she said) that her boyfriend was with another girl over behind home plate!...

since this girl was decent looking with a body to salivate over...and she was just about busting out on top....I told my GF, "I'd really like to see the "other" girl"!!!!!! I think i was the envy of plenty of guys around me when I was sitting down with both this girl and my gf leaning over in front of me yapping and yapping about "stuff".....i wish i had pulled out my camera for Evidence's sake!! ha ha ha ha......

on another note they shoot rolled up T-shirts out of CO2 cannons up into the crowd in between innings....it really excites the crowd. The thing is , this things can shoot that shirt, all rolled up on a flat trajectory all the way up to the last row, and even in through thos eopen windows!....when they aimed a little lower they just about knocked a few people over!!!!!

I stood up on the chair every time they aimed it our way, My GF ducked down into her seat....

we got Jose Lima to sign a photo of him and my GF that we took at a disco last year.... plus she got Luis Polonia to sign her hat...we have met him at discos three times so far, and it helped because he recognized us and called her over.....I got to tell ya...it was a hot sight seeing her walk over top the dugout and then bend down to have him sign the hat.....not for just me from the crowds reaction ha ha ha ha

PS the AGUILAS won last nigth 8-3 in Santo Domingo!!!

bob

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sounds like you're living the life..Licey is down but not out yet...

post up those photos !!!

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
The Regular Season or R.S. + Playoffs??

..my buddy said the season tickets for right behine home plate cost him 15,000 pesos...if thats right is a deal!

bob
That's just RD$15,000 for the regular season, right? Is that per seat?

-Helpmann :ermm:

Sep 19, 2005
well my friend has four seats, and he said they cost him 15K in pesos....he didnt say wether it was per seat or for the four,,,but i really got to believe it was per seat.. and it wasnt for the playoffs...because he gets a plastic coverd card that he uses as a pass to get into the games. And he has to get a new one for the playoffs and the series.....not sure if the series is a THIRD seperate pass.....the seats he has are in row B in the first section behind home plate...I would guess they might be close to the same or just a tad cheaper than the section I sat in behind the dugout...becuase they have the net in front of them...

during the regular season I paid 600 pesos from a scalper for seats in the first section behind the home dugout....same section I paid 2500 pesos for , for the series.

hope that hepls some

funny thing is some guys were offereing me seats that had the plastic passes...which would mean they would have to baby sit me, to make sure they get them back after the game!!!!!

I could have had A21 row B seat 1 and 2 if I wanted....i think that is right next to the visitors dugout, and that was on a plastic pass.

bob

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Cost to Season Ticket Holders: Playoffs and Series?

and it wasnt for the playoffs...because he gets a plastic coverd card that he uses as a pass to get into the games. And he has to get a new one for the playoffs and the series.....not sure if the series is a THIRD seperate pass.....
I'm guessing the plastic covered cards for the playoffs and series are available to season ticket holders first? If so, do you know what the cost is to a season ticket holder for a "plastic card" to attend the playoffs and to attend the series?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i would like some baseball jerseys and hats to wear here when MLB starts. anyone know any websites i can get them from ? i will be in sosua 14-19 March. i'm a tall guy with a big head :laugh: so i need some decent sizes...

Sep 19, 2005
I dont know the price of the playoff tickest to season ticket holders....I got the impression along the way that the seats in the area that i bought for 2500 go for around 1500 each...but I dont think that is the season ticket holder price...they might get a break...since they committed for the whole season....

Kyle in a few days the price for those jerseys will drop like a rock...they are all over the place for sale these days.....seems like a hundred people are selling that stuff all over santiago...and not just the Aguilas stuff right now the vendors at the stadium are selling hats , jerseys, flags, and misc stuff for all the teams....once their supply of customers dissapates they will drop their prices I would imagine.

find someone there this week and have them buy a jersey for you.

I bought an Aguilas cap last summer for a buddy, in Santiago....so I guess it wont be the end of the world if you dont buy now....

the thing is there doesnt seem to be any control over the quality..I have seen four different yellows used for the Aguilas caps...plus they have orange and black caps as well....seems like they have 3 different uniforms as well...yellow, black, and orange, ....dont know why

bob

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Go Figure?

i would like some baseball jerseys and hats to wear here when MLB starts. anyone know any websites i can get them from ? i will be in sosua 14-19 March. i'm a tall guy with a big head :laugh: so i need some decent sizes...
I would be curious to hear what others have to say. The only places that I have seen DR baseball paraphernalia were at the games and at the SDQ airport (which may have been a seasonal display.) I don't even see DR baseball paraphernalia at the hat stores in Washington Heights.

-Helpmann :ermm:

Sep 19, 2005

hey angela see that picture in the website you posted?

look anything like this place????

2s64xlz.jpg

bob

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
well it does remind me of the road from San Jose de las Matas coming into the Santiago valley but that river in the background doesn't look familiar. it doesn't look like the picture I posted because going into San Jose de las matas pueblo there are smaller hills not mountains like those but those are beautiful as well.
where is this? those mountains remind me also of the campo where my family is from. awwhh

Sep 19, 2005
the picture is from the banao-constanza area down into the valley...looking north....It is a lake!! the view i took is to the right of the view in the website...or south eastward

from where I took the picture the elevation is about twice what the photo in the website is from...

no were near san jose de la matas

bob