Got A Dominican Hottie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2007
Hey
I have been visiting DR for about 3 years now, on my last trip, I met a young lady in Santiago. I was introduced to her by a good friend of mine from the states. Anyway, I'm not a trick or sucker but I would like to bring this young lady over here for a vacation 1-2 weeks. Not to Marry or anything like that. I just want to show her around and have a good time with her.

What type of visa would I need and how long is the process?

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Anyway, I'm not a trick or sucker but I would like to bring this young lady over here for a vacation 1-2 weeks. Not to Marry or anything like that. I just want to show her around and have a good time with her.

Hmmmmm ... depends .... how much time ya got? :bunny:

Stay well,
Amy

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Sankette victim # 10,001

Hey
I have been visiting DR for about 3 years now, on my last trip, I met a young lady in Santiago. I was introduced to her by a good friend of mine from the states. Anyway, I'm not a trick or sucker but I would like to bring this young lady over here for a vacation 1-2 weeks. Not to Marry or anything like that. I just want to show her around and have a good time with her.

You're joking, right? you couldn't be that naive. You take her to the states and she'll disappear on you like a tot in toyland! Why would you want to take her out of the country to have " a good time with her"?
"I'm not a trick or a sucker'. Yes you are!.. Who's idea was it to "bring this young lady over here for a vacation"? Yours?, hers? Either way, you're taking on a gamble that she'll play you for the sucker you appear to be!
Who's using whom?

And why are you asking us about visas when you can easily get that from the proper sources? i,e the US embassy in SD?.. Sheeesh!

Sep 19, 2005
no need to search...it will be almost impossible for her to get a visa, unless she is college educated, has had avery well documented goo job for several years, owns a house or land, and has a significant bank account.....

the united states looks at as just another girl who will end up a stripper and or on welfare..and they dont want her.....not because there is anything wrong with her, only because 30,000 of her country women have come before her and established a significant record of being just that.....

even if you married her....her chances getting the visa would skyrocket, the time frame wont shrink....more than 1 year.....I actually believe job and school visas would be easier for her to get.. and a visitation visa

good luck

bob

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hey

You would need a visitors visa, which is very difficult for a Dominican to obtain. They need to be fairly wealthy, have a good job, and have real estate holdings in the DR.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey

As you can gather from the responses, it's not a great idea.
It's not as difficult as has been mentioned.
I know lots of Dominican women who got tourist visas without being rich, and they got it all done in a month or so.
The real point is this.
If you like this lady and have enough money to blow on her visiting you, change your plans, and spend the money visiting her.
If you're both still together and "in love" in a few years, then, and only then, consider her visiting your homeland, but bear in mind, it's usually the beginning of the end of a beautiful thing.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i agree with Rocky. i've had the thought plenty of times, then reality kicked in. you're paying for the visa; you're paying for the plane tickets; you're paying for the food and shelter; you're paying for clothes (depending on the weather); you're paying if anything happens to her while in the US. what is she paying for ?

just think about it with the other organ..the brain....and if you decide to do it, i wish you all the luck..love conquers all !!!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Clues

Everybody missed the part--he wants to "show her around "(to his buddies). Maybe something like eye candy that he has not had in the past?

Sometimes reading between the lines solves these mystery stories real quick.
john

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Why take her to USA? just have fun with her here and then move on to her prettier looking friends.
AZB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think it was Robin Williams who said that "God gave man twoheads and the blood to use just one at a time."

Unless this is an incredible gazillion to one thing, the girl is a nice professional who you enjoyed while you were here. There is not a snow ball's chance in hell that she could get a visa on her own.

Nobody comes down, is introduced to a "nice" girl and hops into the sack in two weeks. Not with a "nice girl" that has a chance to obtain a US Visa. At least not in my experience, but stranger things have happened....

That said, spend your money on yourself and fly down here and enjoy the comforts afforded here rather that trying to "take the sand from the beach"....You can always SAY you are trying to get her a visa....might cost you less that way....

HB

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
If you must have a Dominicana, just head on over to Washington Heights. Lots of them there. Save yourself the import fees and paperwork hassles. Keep in mind that your reception might not be up to DR standards as your gringo status holds no weight with Dominican Yorks.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Bingo

Everybody missed the part--he wants to "show her around "(to his buddies). Maybe something like eye candy that he has not had in the past?

Sometimes reading between the lines solves these mystery stories real quick.
john

That's what it appears to be and he's probably willing to foot the huge expense of bringing her over here. If she is well-off financially, odds are she would probably already have a passport & visa to travel anyway.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
If you must have a Dominicana, just head on over to Washington Heights. Lots of them there. Save yourself the import fees and paperwork hassles. Keep in mind that your reception might not be up to DR standards as your gringo status holds no weight with Dominican Yorks.

yes indeed. although they are "americanized" dominican ladies, they will never turn down a trip to travel for a few days. i met a real nice lady from WH and had her over for the weekend in Maryland. Amtrak down and Amtrak back, visited washington d.c. a lot of dominicans never visit d.c. anyway, less than 400 bucks for the weekend. she spoke pretty good english though which loses the thrill somewhat so i ask her to only speak spanish to me. it was fun...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Forget that.
They're not even close to resembling Dominicanas in their homeland.

Status
Not open for further replies.