POP to Santo Domingo

GemmaLou

Jan 26, 2007
Hello!

I need to travel from POP to Santo Domingo to pick up a Royal Caribbean cruise ship. Could someone please tell me how much a flight would cost and where on the Internet I could enquire?

I will be staying in Bahia Maimon at the Riu Bachata for a wedding, before taking the cruise. How far away is this from:

a) POP airport - how much would a taxi cost?
b) Santa Domingo airport?

Also does anyone know how far away the cruise port is from the airport in Santo Domingo? Would it cost much in a taxi?

Thank you - any advice or knowledge would be very much appreciated.

GemmaLou

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
No flights AFAIK.

Taxi from Riu Bachata - Caribe Tours terminal in Puerto Plata.
$25US - $30US

Caribe Tours Bus to Santo Domingo Caribe Tours Terminal. Busses run approx. hourly from early morning to early evening. Trip is about 4 hrs.
$15US

Taxi from Santo Domingo Caribe Tours Terminal to "cruise port". Here I have a problem and I think you should check it out because I think the "cruise port" is a wharf in La Romana which will be about a $125US taxi fare.

Or for about $275US you could get a Taxi the entire way.

Taxi fares are per vehicle, bus fare is per person, all are approximate.

Good luck

Gregg

GemmaLou

Jan 26, 2007
Thanks for this. I thought it might be quite a distance.

I found this website Flights from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata - Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo

I will call later to try and get some details.

It indicates that Caribair do a charter service from POP to HEX - how far away is HEX from SJQ?

I've made some enquiries and they assure me it is the port in Santo Domingo that the ship docks at. Maybe it would be easier to get a bus but it's looking like we'll have to fly in and out of SJQ so that's a lot of travelling time!

GemmaLou

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I think your SJQ should be SDQ but I'm not sure why you would need to go there.

HEX is no longer open it has been replaced by La Isabela International Airport (Dr. Joaqu?n Balaguer) - JBQ

Good luck.

Gregg