Santiago airport at 4a.m. then to Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyg

Jan 8, 2007
Hi, we are arriving on Jetblue. They only arrive at 4:a.m. We will then rent a car there (hopefully) any one experience problems with this arrangement?
Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yeah, why try driving around here at that hour of the day??? Have you driven here before??

If not, write www.paradistrans.com and have them pick you up and take you to your destination. THEN, if you really, really need one, you can get good rental deals at your destination...

Try and rethink your plans...

HB

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If you have never driven here before, there is a good chance you will get hopelessly lost (sorry if this offends anyone, but Dominicans don't know how to give directions) or you will end up in a bad accident on the mountain highway. The signage is usually awful or non-existent, the drivers suicidal, the horses jumpy, the potholes deep, and land/rock slides extensive, and the moto conchos vengeful. Its good to know what to look for on these roads, and you only get that with expperience.

Once you're in Cabarete, its fine to have a rental, I am just talking about the road from Santiago.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There will be cabs there when you arrive. The private taxi's are there for the Jet Blue flight. You should pay about $70-$80 US.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
They only arrive at 4:a.m. We will then rent a car there

If you've not already written your will, please feel free to mention me!

And if you tattoo your medical insurance number onto your forehead, it might help for when you are dragged out of your wreck...

Cab...
$70...
Go to sleep in the back...
Arrive in time to watch the sunrise...

billyg

Jan 8, 2007
Thank you folks, I really want to fly jetblue from N.Y. and hope it's worth the 4a.m. arrival and the taxi ride on those roads. What d'ya think?
The other airlines are so awful after experiencing jetblue.

Sep 19, 2005
IS JETBLUE THAT GOOD....heck its only a 3 hour flight....sit and sleep....I got stuff stolen out of my luggage the one flight I took on jet blue to the DR...that hour is rediculous...it isnt worth $150 worth of saving if you ask me.

I hada fligth get delayed by 2.5 hours out of JFK once. And I arrived at 11:50 , got out to look for a rental car...AVIS was closed...only one place was open to rent a car...i wonder how many are going to be open a 4am.

it would be iffy to suggest to you, to rent a car and make that drive in the daylight if its your first time...who will help you with a flat tire on the side of a mountain at 5 am???

you are going on vacation..right...your not a mountain climber -explorer- daredevil are you???

isnt it the same thing to go sleep at a hotel in santiago and then try your plan in the daylight, as it is to drive till sunrise and then try to get someone to check you in..IF YOU MAKE IT.. and then you crash in your bed till 1 pm anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you start you vacation at the resort at the same time either way...but one way was full of tension.. the other was relaxed, and you ate, and you saw the mountain country side on your way....some very beautiful vistas on the route 21 road

good luck and enjoy the DR

bob

city of champions

Jan 5, 2007
same thing

I am also looking into a JetBlue flight that arrives in Santiago early...3:30am...I will probably be booking paradisetrans but I was wondering if I should wait til around 7 to head out of the airport...is that safer? Are there cafes or something to hang out at in the airport? thanks everyone!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
City of champions and billyg: Do not hesitate to take that Jet Blue flight. And no, do not wait around for the dawn....get where you're goin' !!!

Do send a note to Welcome To Paradise Transportation and make arrangements for your pick up and delivery. Why not enjoy your stay here with no, absolutely no hassle...???

Those folks know how to do things right...believe me. And in case you are wondering why i plug them, well allow me to tell you why:

Over the past two + years they have not had one, not one, bad review here or on any other board I know of...super serious, good folks.

No, they are not family!!!

Jus' tryin' to make sure your vacation time is well spent, with no hassles!!

HB

city of champions

Jan 5, 2007
I was curious because they said their rates were for regular pick-up hours so I wasn't sure how much more it was to be picked up at 4am

BettyB2

Mar 9, 2006
Do contact them, Rocio is VERY good at responding to emails and reservations made on their website. I have followed the advice from DR1'ers and folks on other DR forums and have JJ picking up 4 of my friends on the 9th at 1245pm and 2 friends the morning of the 10th at 4:25 am.

The price will be the same - my 4 friends are paying $80 and the 2 the next day are paying $80 as well - it is a long ride and gas is not cheap there....

Better safe than sorry and as HB said, not one bad review or remark anywhere about them!

I do LOVE flying JetBlue as well, but for me I would much rather be closer to the resort and only pay around $7-15 PP from POP to resort. Have a great trip and good luck. DO email Rocio......

EMTuKnowMe

Nov 15, 2006
There's no duty free shop at the NY JFK terminal

Of all the different airlines I have flown back and forth JFK/STI, I have found JetBlue to be consistently on time and better organized than the rest.

However, be aware that there is no duty free shop at the JetBlue JFK terminal. Also, other than Dunkin Donuts, the other restaurants close at JetBlue's JFK terminal at 11PM.

Finally, JetBlue doesnt have first class, while the other airlines do, in case you were going to consider an upgrade on the day of your flight.

Oh. Dont rent a car at STI at 4AM. Call Rocio. If you are intent on renting a car, then do it at your destination. Its cheaper, and easier.

good luck to ya. -EMT

Status
Not open for further replies.