taxi driver needed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
hi everyone
can anyone recomend a reliable honest taxi driver ..needed from POP airport to hotel ...would it be better to get the airport transfer thru the hotel?or privatly?or just pick one thats outside the airport ? what would be the cheapest and more secure way for 2 gringa's traveling ?
thanks
tracy

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
a taxi would be easier...should not be more than 25 bucks....state your price and stick with it..sooner of later someone will want your money...that's what i do...

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
a taxi would be easier...should not be more than 25 bucks....state your price and stick with it..sooner of later someone will want your money...that's what i do...
ok thanks
so i should just grab one outside of the airport? i know thansfer will cost like 50.00 a person for the hotel to pick us up and take us from POP airport to close to sosus/cabarete where teh hotel is located

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
Taxi Sosua took us from Cabarete to the airport for US$25 this week "pre-booked". You could probably get cheaper if you negotiated but these are decent cars and we had a good driver.

Not sure what the situation is regarding linking to local businesses directly, so 'Google' "taxi sosua" they've a page in English as well as Spanish.

BettyB2

Mar 9, 2006
Martin Espinal's company, Isaira Tours can also arrange pickup at the aiport for you. He is picking up 14 of us on Feb 9 for around $6PP and later in the day picking up two friends for around $35 for the ride. It is more than a regular taxi - but they will be there holding sign with your name and will get you an English speaking driver.....

Good reviews and many good words about Martin and his company here

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
hi everyone
can anyone recomend a reliable honest taxi driver ..needed from POP airport to hotel ...would it be better to get the airport transfer thru the hotel?or privatly?or just pick one thats outside the airport ? what would be the cheapest and more secure way for 2 gringa's traveling ?
thanks
tracy

Tracy,

There is an excellent taxi service, Jose 8093994205 whose prices are good and he speaks 4 languages. The prices for the taxis at the airport are not negotiable but you can haggle with Jose as he is not based there

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Tracy,

I take it that you are not staying at an AI, because usually the transfers are included in your package. I cannot believe that you were quoted $50.00 for a transfer from POP airport to Sosua, who quoted you that? That is an absurd amount of money for such a little distance! Where exactly are you staying Sosua or Cabarete?

Marlie

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The $50 was likely round trip...at the start and end of the stay. The price would make some sense, particularly if the person were traveling solo as the taxi ride is about $25 each way.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
The $50 was likely round trip...at the start and end of the stay. The price would make some sense, particularly if the person were traveling solo as the taxi ride is about $25 each way.

Now that would make more sense! Thank you DavidZ.

Marlie

Status
Not open for further replies.