travelling alone to DR

saras83

Jan 26, 2007
Hi

I am a 23 year old female and am thinking of going to the Dominican Republic on my own for a couple of weeks. I speak Spanish almost fluently but am just wondering about how safe it is? (Especially in Santo Domingo where I wanted to stay.)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

George Holmes

Nov 15, 2006
dofieldwork.blogspot.com
I am twenty three too, I have lived here since October - speak nearly fluent Spanish too, though i am a bloke so I suppose things are different. No problems, just avoid certain areas of Santo Domingo, but these are ones that no tourist would want to go to anyway.

SD is about as dangerous as many other US and European cities, and common sense is the best approach. Out in the campo things are almost problem free. The fact that you speak spanish puts you at great advantage.

saras83

Jan 26, 2007
Hi Bryan

Found out that my friend wants to visit the DR too so I've decided to postpone my trip till she can get leave. Thanks very much for the offer, hope you have a great time x

bryan_sr123

Jan 23, 2007
PM me so I can give you some advice about traveling to the DR.

Hi Bryan

Found out that my friend wants to visit the DR too so I've decided to postpone my trip till she can get leave. Thanks very much for the offer, hope you have a great time x