Ocean Manor Resort in Cabarete? so many questions...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystiqkal

Jan 28, 2007
Hi all,

Im new to this forum and i was hoping you guys would be able to help me out. My bf and I will be traveling to DR at the end of May and we booked a timeshare at Ocean Manor Resort. Unfortunately, the only review i could find of the place (after we already booked it) wasnt very good so im hoping someone here could tell me about it.

I know that its on the outskirts of Cabarete (wish i knew that before we booked it). i wanted to know realisticly how long the walk into town is.

Also we booked a flight into STI and i believe that we are going to schedule a ride with paradise transportation. Originally we planned to get at rental at the airport but after reading on this forum that that isnt the best idea, we will arrange for a ride (thank god i found this forum).

we are still interested in getting a car rental and driving around and i was wondering what the good and reasonably prices rental places are in cabarete, and what the going rate is. We'll probably get a rental for a few days. Would we be able to walk to a car rental place? can we reserve a car in advance?

next, were interested in visiting ocean world...it that an easy drive from cabarete? specifically Ocean Manor?

Can anyone else recommend other things to do? Do you guys have any recommendations for first time scuba diving?

what about near by places to visit? I'm looking for some gorgeous beaches to visit and fun sports to enjoy.

any suggestions and experiences are welcome!

If any of you can help me i would greatly appreciate it! its our first time in DR and we just want to have fun...by the way we're in our late 20's so were looking for a younger fun loving crowd.

thanks again!

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
The hotel is very nice..there is no need to worry. It is as you say on the outskirts of town; a 20 minute walk along the beach to the center of town. I would not try and walk it at night as its dark and unlit. During the day is fine. The hotel was gutted and totally redone about a year ago. It has a great pool and a restaurant on site. It is on the water although the beach in front of it isn't the best. The service is good and it has a tremendous Canadian following because it it owned by a Canadian firm which has a sister resort in Canada. They have a website and it will give you alot of info. You made a wise decision in using JJ to take you from the airport. He is great and will give you a lot ot tips on things to do and see. We avoid driving in the D.R. because it is too much for us so I can't help you on the car rental. Ocean World is a bit away; maybe 40 minutes but is worth the drive. Also, there is a great horseback riding place between Cabarete and Sosua and you can arrange to ride along the beach. The hotel can help you there. The restaurants and nightspots in Cabarete are great and ideal for those in their 20's. Avoid walking at night other than in the immediate Town and give some thought to renting a car if you've never driven in the D.R. You should also check out tripavisor.com and active cabarete for ideas on things to do.

mystiqkal

Jan 28, 2007
thanks for your reply! I think i just wanted to hear someone say it wasnt as bad as the one reviewer thought it was!

Status
Not open for further replies.