Las Galeras Super Bowl

JBOUCH

Jan 28, 2007
Would There Be A Bar Or Place That Would Show The Super Bowl Game In Las Galeras On Sunday Feb. 5 ....thank You

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I just returned from La Galeras-- It's a one horse town. Not a lot of Americans there. I saw 1 discoteca. Supposedly there is a bar-- where I don't know. I can't imagine anyone watching the Superbowl there.---Maybe at a resort???

I wouldn't plan on it!

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
i always had the superbowl at my bar in las galeras...Mama Pucha's, but it won't re-open until next winter. we moved to canada. we always had good crowds with a good sized tv on the patio. mostly americans. my wife is there now. she might have cable hooked up but i don't believe that the local cable has shown the superbowl in the past. i'll try to remember to ask her. i'm told that club bonito has a dish as well as little 3-bedroom "hotel" called, "la plantacion". you can likely see the game there. if the latter, has the game, then just let remi, the owner know in advance. you'll have to buy a meal and drink lots of liquids but you'll see the game. good luck!

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Hey Jasper-- That's funny about the Americans. I just got back and I felt that everyone was from Europe!! Where is club Bonito?? How did I miss it?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Club Bonito is closed and will be made into Condos I believe. As for the Superbowl it is on CBS, so cable should have it this year. Also it should be on Spanish ESPN, which they might also have.

You can also go 30 minutes to Samana where you will surely find a place to watch it.

Oct 23, 2006
thank you everyone

my wife and are truly looking foward to las galares and are staying at isleita aprt. hotel we are driving from santiago and cant wait to see the dr...we were married there 6 years ago but do not care for all inclusives more indepentdent....thank you again for the kind replies.....and i kind of like 1 or even 2 horse towns.........go bears

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I really enjoyed La Galeras and want to go back! It was small and the area is very pretty.

Check out Playita. I was unable to get to Playa Rincon. The captain wouldn't take me because I was the only person going. I was disappointed. It's supposedly beautiful!

I had great Shrimp Creole in the Spanish restaurant.

I found everyone to be friendly.

You're going to have a great time!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You don't need a boat to get to Playa Rincon. In fact you can get a moto concho to take you. If you have 4 wheel car, no problem. Even a regular car will make it if there is no rain.