Dark Chocolate

C

Chip00

I'm looking for dark chocolate and checked over the some threads from a few years ago and found that it appears that Dominicans don't make it and the imported kind is very expensive. Does anybody know if this is still the case or can dark chocolate be found here at a reasonable price?

Thanks

C

Chip00

Life partner

Life partner? got one already - my own personal chocolate chippette and you'll be glad to know that we got one more in the oven to add to our collection of cookies.

C

Chip00

Chip Jr?

So the one in the oven, would be a chippup?

We're kind of hoping for a Jr if that's what your asking as we already have a total of three chocolate chippettes (one of the "white" chocolate variety) in the house - I'm feeling quite outnumbered!

Sep 19, 2005
you had to throw in reasonable price , didnt you....which is such a broad term....I could swear i saw some hershey dark chocolate in one of the stores once....or are you looking for belgian or swiss fancy dark chocolate....

my GF and her family just ate a bunch I brought on my last trip..

I bring chocolates as often as I can for Planner...but we never hooked up this past trip, and my GF and her mother suffered through an additional box.....I hope my GF doesnt get tooo heavy......

good luck on the chocolate

bob

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm looking for dark chocolate and checked over the some threads from a few years ago and found that it appears that Dominicans don't make it and the imported kind is very expensive. Does anybody know if this is still the case or can dark chocolate be found here at a reasonable price?

Thanks

If you come to Santo Domingo you will find a coupe of local chocolate makers, great chocolate and various types etc etc.

PM or email Pib on this forum, she has covered this on her own site, dominicancooking.com

C

Chip00

If you come to Santo Domingo you will find a coupe of local chocolate makers, great chocolate and various types etc etc.

PM or email Pib on this forum, she has covered this on her own site, dominicancooking.com

Thanks Robert!

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
try a big hotel near to you(gift shop)or supermercado tropical if yer close to porta plata.is this one of the wifes "cravings'?congrats and hope all goes well

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
El Nacional in Santiago now has various varieties of dark chocolate. Look by the checkout registers.

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
They make it here in DR and if you live in Sosua you can find it in Playero towards the gold desk for drinks, package is yellow but I do not remember the label. We have found it every supermarket and it is cheap.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
They make it here in DR and if you live in Sosua you can find it in Playero towards the gold desk for drinks, package is yellow but I do not remember the label. We have found it every supermarket and it is cheap.

Do you perhaps mean: Cort?s - Sweet Chocolate

PS Chip: Those 4 large bars of Hersey Special Dark chocolate were gone in a week.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Edel-Bitter

The famous and popular "Ritter-Sport-Schokolade" from Germany is sold here:

Ritter Sport - Produkte

You'd want the "Edel-Bitter" variety, 71% cocoa.

The square 'bar' of 100 grams is usually sold for about 75 RD$.

If you can't get it (not all varieties are exported) I can include them in my next order.

Janin

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The Supermercado Nacional on M?ximo G?mez in Santo Domingo carries Hershey and Baker's dark unsweetened cooking chocolate but they are not always in stock. Don't fall into the Metro hole out front.

I grew up a few miles from the Baker's Chocolate factory on the Neponset River in Boston. When the wind was right the smell of chocolate would permeate the air.