playa grande

dingdongdenny

Jan 6, 2007
couple of questions first heard playa grande has already turned private , any truth to that. secondly does any body know rates for taxi to and from casa marina in suosa.would a day rate be best mel tours quoted $85 each way seems alittle steep to me:pirate: :pirate: .just want to play it don't want to mortged my house

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Can't help you on the privatization date. I hope not, I want to play there in early March. Also, I still find it difficult to imagine they'd go totally private! If so, I can't imagine the monthly fees to be allocated to homeowners and members.

As for the transportation, I've never taken a taxi out there.
But, if you consider the airport to Cabarete is $25 for a 25 minute ride, your 1.5 hour ride each way + waiting on you 4 hours while you play for $170 is not totally out of the realm of possibility. You could get cheaper transportation using local taxis, but whether the vehicle is big enough to carry clubs & actually make it that far and back??

Consider renting a car. You can't really make a wrong turn, just head east out of Sosua and it'll be about 1 1/2 hours on your left. Total cost, probably $50-65 for a small SUV & you can use it to explore a little.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Sosua Taxi

Call Rene Vasquez, Cell 809-933-1735. Very nice new Toyota van. He speaks English well enough to help you. I've used him a number of times in the last six months.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
couple of questions first heard playa grande has already turned private , any truth to that. secondly does any body know rates for taxi to and from casa marina in suosa.would a day rate be best mel tours quoted $85 each way seems alittle steep to me:pirate: :pirate: .just want to play it don't want to mortged my house

turned private in the since that the government sold it? Yes

turned private in the since that you have to be somehow affiliated in order to play? Not yet

dingdongdenny

Jan 6, 2007
:laugh: i guess another alternative would be to get a expat to take me pay for his golf and play for money ( with inflated handicap of course)so it will be a wash;) ;)

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Played it weds. Non fedogolf rate was 107 or 111US with cart. Cost for a cab seems a little steep. Got one from POP for 8hrs. (like to make a few stops on the way back) @90 bucks.

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
:laugh: i guess another alternative would be to get a expat to take me pay for his golf and play for money ( with inflated handicap of course)so it will be a wash;) ;)
You CALLED Sir?????

Being a FedoGolf member I come quite cheap, DON'T play for money & can bring a friend who plays a damn site better than me!!

PM me with details of dates etc & we can talk!! ~ Grahame.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
You CALLED Sir?????

Being a FedoGolf member I come quite cheap, DON'T play for money & can bring a friend who plays a damn site better than me!!

PM me with details of dates etc & we can talk!! ~ Grahame.

Tis is your best option!! We had 3 fedoplayers and 1 non- they gave the 4th guy same rate as us $57US. Take Mr Bush up on the offer!