Fishing Puerto Plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankal101

Jan 30, 2007
We are in Puerto Plata (Iberostar) from Feb 2 to 9th and would like to do some fishing. I have reviews for folks like gone fishing, most of which have been negative. Such tours usually have a whole bunch of people on one boat with little chance of actually catching anything. Seems like more of a ripoff for tourists.

I am looking for people that might take two of us out (or with someone else - i guess as long as it is not 10 ppl or something like that) for some good fishing with a good chance of me actually catching something... I am an avid fisherman, so I know sometimes it is a matter of luck, but 2 trips a day with 10 people on a boat going to the same spot every time does not put the chances in my favour...

Does anyone know of a good guy who would show us some good fishing??

Many thanks! Looking forward to our vacation!!!

FrankAl

C

Chip00

Sorry I don't know much about fishing on the north coast but haven't heard a lot of good. I suppose it depends on what you look to catch. I do remember a few years back when I was in Monte Crist that it seemed they seemed to catch a lot up their - as far as the varieties I don't know.

Good luck

dougiej

Jan 29, 2007
I went fishing and wow were the swells huge. Mind u this was early January. We left POP and turned around at the 6 mile mark out of 8. My old lady was gonna kill me! We had to sign papers sayin we wouldn't ask for our money back. On the way back we all caught waa-hoos so it made up for the hellish trip. I think there's some charters out of Sosua, a german i think, and he's pretty consistant if your out there for a full day, I guess i haven't earned my sea legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.