Sammy is a Ranger

C

Chip00

Go Slammin Sammy!

Sammy finally signs contact with the Rangers. It is a minor league deal but Sammy feels like he will make the cut before Spring Training ends. I believe it is for $500K with incentives to $2.1M.

Now where can one get a Rangers hat down here?

C

Chip00

But alex can still play.

I agree and I'm a fan of his but this April to September thing has got to stop. I really don't think Alex is a good fit for NY. He needs to be in a club that is hungrier and less scrutinized by them damn Yankees ...ahem Northerners!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
what Sammy needs to do now is prove to everyone there is no steroids in his system. he hit 14 home runs or so with the Orioles in his last full season after the cork bat incident.

C

Chip00

what Sammy needs to do now is prove to everyone there is no steroids in his system. he hit 14 home runs or so with the Orioles in his last full season after the cork bat incident.

Yeah but don't forget the injuries - the foot infection and the ribs. How can any body do a hailmaker swing with those two essential ares of the body bothereing you?

Sammy is the man and won't let us down this year - I'm predicting 30 HR and batting .275 with 110 RBI

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
you're right and i think 600 home runs or more will get him into the Hall of Fame when his time comes...

Guillen

Jan 5, 2007
My prediction is that by the end of May, Sammy is out Baseball. First, Out of Baseball for more than a year, giving time to his system to clear of all that juice. He knows he'll be screened frequently. Let's see if He understands english when asked to provide a sample and not play the "I speak Spanish" card like He did in the US Senate.
Second, He was lucky enough to make lots of money off the sport. He does not need the agravation as I'm sure He is set for live. It's just an ego trip to salvage his reputation!!!!
The Rangers just made a bussiness decision to gain a few more fans.
Maybe 3 more HRs, Maybe.
Is He a Hall of Famer??? NO; and only if Mcguire ever makes it.

C

Chip00

My prediction is that by the end of May, Sammy is out Baseball. First, Out of Baseball for more than a year, giving time to his system to clear of all that juice. He knows he'll be screened frequently. Let's see if He understands english when asked to provide a sample and not play the "I speak Spanish" card like He did in the US Senate.
Second, He was lucky enough to make lots of money off the sport. He does not need the agravation as I'm sure He is set for live. It's just an ego trip to salvage his reputation!!!!
Maybe 3 more HRs, Maybe.

I guess "innocent until proven guilty" is not part of you vocabulary, huh?

Man, with attitudes like that it makes me realize how important it is to have a decent legal system with "go getter" type of lawyers. What a sad state we've come to!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Maybe 3 more HRs, Maybe.

I think I must agree with the above except that maybe 5 more homers;)

Chip00 my friend you are sounding more and more like his manager.:cheeky:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
it's the money fools

He's not coming back for anything but the money, shocker. Can't really fault him for that.

I'd bet almost anything he's already blown the vast majority of what he made to this point.

He's not a smart guy, he's got nothing to lose really. His reputation is garbage, he's a proven cheat.

I've heard that he feels he's got 5 more years in him. I'll be shocked if he's on the roster for more than 5 WEEKS this season. The Rangers front office isn't known for prudent and wise approaches to personnel.

They must be really hurting in the minors if they have no RH outfielder that's ready to come up. Gary Mathews going to free agency...this couldn't possibly have been the backup plan.

My guess is that Sammy will embarass himself once more - and and blow out a hamstring - while sneezing on corkdust!

Where's Golo to champion his hero's historic comeback to the Majors?