Whale watch tour from Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzana

Jan 23, 2007
Whats the easiest way to do a whale watch tour if staying in sosua? The tour companies I've seen on line Mel, Iguana Mama,.. don't offer any package. The caribe tour bus to samana seems to have been canceled. Travel time to samana by gua gua seems to require doing it overnight. Is there any way to do it as a one day sidetrip? TIA

Manzana

Jan 23, 2007
My bad

Thanks! I didn't look far enough down on that page. That's a reasonable deal though I don't care about the baccardi island.

Manzana

Jan 23, 2007
Sosua whales

On sosua beach I can easily blend in with the pod, observe and be observed.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
There are a number of tour operators which offer this excursion but I recommend asking the question and hooking up with one which uses Kim Beddall and Whale Samana/Victoria Marine.

Gregg

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
To go up and back to Sosua on the same day is too much. Stay overnight in Samana or better yet in Las Galeras. If you are married, you probably will be divorced by the time you get back to Sosua.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
A week ago yesterday we went whale watching.

Negotiated a taxi for the day... US$110
E-mailed Kim do do the tour with her, US$50 (x3)

$260 for three of us. We stopped off for food on the way back and had a great day. This was from Cabarete, you could probably get something similar from Sosua for not a huge amount more. Admittedly, we 'asked around' before we got that price for the taxi but even standard from Sosua I'd think you could get it for about $150. Kim's tour is very informative on a really good boat. I've posted some photos on...

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/58988-whale-watching-where-should-thread-go.html

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A week ago yesterday we went whale watching.

Negotiated a taxi for the day... US$110
E-mailed Kim do do the tour with her, US$50 (x3)

$260 for three of us. We stopped off for food on the way back and had a great day. This was from Cabarete, you could probably get something similar from Sosua for not a huge amount more. Admittedly, we 'asked around' before we got that price for the taxi but even standard from Sosua I'd think you could get it for about $150. Kim's tour is very informative on a really good boat. I've posted some photos on...

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/58988-whale-watching-where-should-thread-go.html
Now that's the way to travel.:bunny:

Monrad

Feb 24, 2007
Nice animals. Even that I am Norwegian and we eat them. Well, only two spices in fact. But they taste very good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.