Bahia De Las Aguilas

Feb 15, 2005
I have just found out that the government today has lifted the opposition to develop the Bahia De Las Aguilas. Has anyone else heard or can anyone confirm this.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I have just found out that the government today has lifted the opposition to develop the Bahia De Las Aguilas. Has anyone else heard or can anyone confirm this.

You heard wrong! Bah?a de las Aguilas is part of a National Park (Parque National Jaragua) and is also an internationally protected nature resorvoir (UNESCO Biosphere Reserve). Felucho has had his sight on this stretch of virgin beach in the southwest for a long time, and if he insists, it will be his undoing...

Katrien

Sep 20, 2004
Is that why the track to the beach is blocked of? Don't worry, I wouldn't do anything to ruin a special place.
We were thinking of driving the track all the way to the beach, but on google earth it seems that at a certain rocky point the track is blocked of with something big and red? Is this to protect the fragile environment maybe?

Feb 15, 2005
Katrien, In order to get to the beach from the main roadn you definately need a 4x4 or go via the water. The water is awesome but so is the road but like I said you need a 4x4 without a doubt.

Feb 15, 2005
Ok Mirador, cool. What someone in Barahona call to tell me was that the protection was lifted and that it was a done deal.

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Is that why the track to the beach is blocked of? Don't worry, I wouldn't do anything to ruin a special place.
We were thinking of driving the track all the way to the beach, but on google earth it seems that at a certain rocky point the track is blocked of with something big and red? Is this to protect the fragile environment maybe?

I saw it on the sat pic Katrien and it does seem like a barrer of sorts. Probably put there so that you might be tempted to use the services of the fishermen and their yolas to visit the area beyond. This is an adventure in and of itself.

Katrien

Sep 20, 2004
yep, think so too. I think we'll do the drive anyway to check it out. It seems quite a distance to walk from there on, but what the hell, we'll be on holiday (and oh boy, how I need one):tired:

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
I don't know, I live close to barahona and I saw big boats full of blocks going to Pedernales Region. The road is way more traffic, with big trucks. The local people around speak it is for the big project in pedernales. About 5000 hotelrooms, the land prices are doubled in 1 year.
Don't know but I think this french company start, or starts building, I will check it out.

Feb 15, 2005
I don't know, I live close to barahona and I saw big boats full of blocks going to Pedernales Region. The road is way more traffic, with big trucks. The local people around speak it is for the big project in pedernales. About 5000 hotelrooms, the land prices are doubled in 1 year.
Don't know but I think this french company start, or starts building, I will check it out.

According to this information coming out of Barahona.
I believe that my sources of the information regarding the lifting of the opposition is correct.