Caribe Club Princess

martlee

Feb 1, 2007
Is anyone familiar with or has stayed at the Caribe Club Princess? We plan to be there March 17-24th. We are fervently hoping for a clean, functioning room, safety and clean food.

Also, it a given that this area of DR will be over run with college spring break students at this time?

Also, does anyone have experience with Apple excursions versus Bavaro Runners?

Thank You

caribe_princess

May 25, 2006
i am very familiar with CCP, i am heading back for my 5th trip there, it is a wonderful resort, the grounds are amazing, the beach is fabulous. the rooms are good, anyone i have has have been clean, i have had standard and a suite, very roomy, bathroom is nice and big, it is hard to say about spring break because it is spring break in different places all over the world. i have been there in april, may and june, and it is never too packed for my liking. The resort itself is big, there are 3 sister hotels on one resort, Caribe, tropical and Punta cana, which is adult only. The excursions i usually dont go through a tour company itself, i book right at the hotel, i think if apple offers the bavaro runners, it is the same thing just different companies offering it. I have not done that one but look forward to doing it. I have done the contiki, saona, and catalina island, all are fun, catalina was a bit too long for me, it was 13 hrs and really drug out. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, just let me know
Caribe_Princess

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Any help ?

Is anyone familiar with or has stayed at the Caribe Club Princess? We plan to be there March 17-24th. We are fervently hoping for a clean, functioning room, safety and clean food.

Also, it a given that this area of DR will be over run with college spring break students at this time?

Also, does anyone have experience with Apple excursions versus Bavaro Runners?

Thank You
http://www.dr1.com/forums/weather-beyond/34840-any-information-caribe-club-princess.html ? http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/51600-caribe-club-princess.html

martlee

Feb 1, 2007
Caribe Club Princess in March

Thank you for your reply. I have seen many of your other posts here. You are very knowledgeable about the area and add to my confidence that we made a good choice. We are excited about our mother/daughter trip. My daughter knows some french, neither of us know spanish but will try to learn a few words before we go. There are 50/50 negative/positive reviews in other forums about the Caribe. I am tempted by the vip package, and /or a room up grade. Do you know if these are cheaper if purchased on arrival directly from the resort? Do you recommend we take our own tennis racquets, not interested in serious play, just the activity. Is the snorkeling any good off the beach? I haven't heard of of the Contiki trip before, can you tell me more about it?

BrittanyS

Mar 31, 2006
We didn't stay at the Caribe, we were at the PCP, but could use the facilities of both the Caribe and Tropical (which seem to share all facilities). We walked around all of them every day in December. The grounds are beautiful with all kinds of wild life. The beach is heavenly. At the Tropical side it left a lot to be desired up by the bar/snack bar. We were forever picking up plastic forks that went through our feet, dirty diapers, tomato sauce packages, fries, etc., etc., but that was irresponsible parents, as far as I'm concerned. The cigarette butts that were everywhere was disgusting (and we are smokers), that is irresponsible smokers. The maintenance crew was on top of this all the time, but just couldn't keep up.

March break here, for the most part is March 10-17, so looks like you will miss that one at least. (You'll be able to wave bye bye to them as you enter into Paradise and they head back to the Great White North).

Never saw any rooms, but the place is so nice, I am sure you will have a wonderful vacation.

pullupsman

Feb 6, 2007
Caribe Club Princess Questions

We (8 of us) will be arriving on 2-23 for 7 days of sun. My question is will we be able to order bourbon, scotch, gin (no name brand) without paying the VIP prices for premium brands? Also, do you happen to know what the cost is for the VIP package or are there many different ones?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Al