La Romana

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Well I am flying to the South Coast for the first time with friends. We'll be heading to visit friends in Juan Dolio, Boca Chica and Santo Domingo. We found a flight from Toronto to La Romana (not where we planned to fly in) for a very low price so we took that. Our friends in Juan Dolio say that's fine.

We will be looking to crash in La Romana for the first night because our flight will get in late - is there a very clean but inexpensive place where we can stay there?

Thanks

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
There is a decent hotel called Dejavu at the exit of La Romana, going to San Pedro de Macoris.

Or you can ask at the airport.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It's about a 50 min. drive to Juan Dolio from La Romana airport.
What time does your flight get in????
It may just be better to grab a cab and head to JD.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Cab ride question

Thanks that is a good idea. The flight gets in at 9:00 PM or so. What would be a decent rate for a cab from La Romana to Juan Dolio?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
We paid US$50 last year so I bet they're charging more now.....
If your Spanish is passable, bargain with them and if the rate doesn't go down pull out a cell phone and say you're going to call a 'friend' to pick you up instead! Works everytime.......We took RD$500 off the price of the cab from SD to JD when we arrived in Jan.
Yes, we could have called a friend (if he had been home, if his phone was turned on, if he had his jeepeta, if we had wanted to wait over an hour for him to arrive....etc.!). You get the picture.....we do have friends that would pick us up -no problem- but I hate making them wait at the airport for two hours or more if the flight is late.
9 PM is an okay time to arrive and travel to JD. Even with waiting for immigration and baggage you should be in JD by 10:30-11:00PM.
Have you booked your accomodation yet???