Dr Visa Help Please....

Luis de Miami

Jan 4, 2007
Can someone please reccommend someone of trust to help me obtain a Fiancee Visa to the US? It doesnt matter whether they're located in the US or DR. I've been seeing someone for a longtime who I would like come to the US. So far, the people I've met to help just want to take advantage. I appreciate your help. You can email me at luiswalls@yahoo.com, Im in Miami.
Thank you very much.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
luis, for starters, since you are in miami it should be very easy to do yourself. i did it myself, but that was 17 years ago and i'm sure things are different now. go down to US immigration, i think on brickell ave. downtown. get a paper application, free, get more than one. take it home and dig in. follow the instructions, print don't type, if you make a mistake that's o.k. you have other applications, take your time, it takes more than a day to collect all the information INS wants. don't lie............if you get in a jam go back to INS on brickell and ask for help, you can become a pain in the neck to those people but thats their job, ,,,,,,,,,,when you complete the application it gets mailed in along with the fee. it took 2 years for me to bring my fiancee here this way. i heard it could be done in 6 months but my case took 2 years. I don't think that application is processed in miami so after it is mailed in the people in miami can not help you, no sense in driving them crazy anymore.......good luck........EOM

C

cd1

I have the same situation myself. i was told that the fiance visa would take about 4-6 months. They also say that the marriage visa takes about 1 year. i am trying to find out which is easier to do. does anyone have any suggestions?

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
I have some bad news for you guys...

Luis, if you want someone to help you with the paperwork, I would be glad to assist you. I just brought my wife here and I run a website just for people bringing their spouses and fiance's to the USA. The web site is Dominicans to the USA

I have some bad news for both of you however. The process is now taking 20-24 months and it's getting longer. there is currently a waiting list for interviews at the consulate with over 27,000 cases on it. There is no way to do it fast. Your process in the US will be relatively fast, but after the petition gets forwarded to the Consulate for an interview, you will have to wait your turn, which can take 15-20 months or possibly even longer. Also, right now there is basically no advantage of doing a fiance visa over a marriage visa, and there are many advantages with the marriage visa when you get to the states.

I disagree with amparocorp on the typing issue if you are going to do it yourself. there are fillable forms on the intenet that you can fill out and send in to get the process started. They really prefer typed forms to hand written ones. Like I said, I would be willing to help you if you want. You can e-mail me at admin@dominicanstotheusa.com or better yet, stop by and register at the site, and the community there would be glad to help you.

Good luck!

-Tim