firearms

Jim36266

Feb 3, 2007
I have read about several posters refering to their firearms (9MM) and such.
How difficult is it to obtain a firearm in the DR and is it legal? Not interested in the pros and cons about whether you need one or not, just interested in the legality
Thanks
Jim

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you are a citizen or permanent resident it is not too difficult and it is legal.

Sep 19, 2005
and can be very exspensive to own....a new sig sauer P228 WAS....WAS going for $3000 US before leonel inacted the ban on importing firearms and ammunition....a box of shells trippled last year when the ban went into effect.

they take a urine sample, and I think you get an interview, and one other significant thing...maybe some sort of phycological test..cant remember exactly, I was going to get my GF to get a permit....and we went all the way to the point, where i found out she wasnt old enough yet...........maybe next year

bob

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You take a psychological test, a gun range test, have a two hour briefing with a movie and an instructor in firearms safety. Also the urine test for any drugs.

You have to go to a Military base after getting your license to pick up the gun.

I would strongly suggest getting your license and gun now if you want one. They are not importing any more e firearms at the moment, and if you snooze you just may lose. Once you have one with a license you will always have it.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Psychological test

The psy test is fairly simple , it's almost always the same question:
"If you walk in and catch your wife in bed with another man what would you do?"
Off course we all know the answer to that...Except for those lunatic out there. lol

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
and can be very exspensive to own....a new sig sauer P228 WAS....WAS going for $3000 US before leonel inacted the ban on importing firearms and ammunition....a box of shells trippled last year when the ban went into effect.

they take a urine sample, and I think you get an interview, and one other significant thing...maybe some sort of phycological test..cant remember exactly, I was going to get my GF to get a permit....and we went all the way to the point, where i found out she wasnt old enough yet...........maybe next year

bob

That a great complaint. My girlfriend is not old enough yet.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Minimum Age

....and we went all the way to the point, where i found out she wasnt old enough yet...........maybe next year

bob

Maybe next year Bob?

Does that mean you think they will lower the minimum age requirement? lol

Sep 19, 2005
Maybe next year Bob?

Does that mean you think they will lower the minimum age requirement? lol

its going to be close as soon as she is old enough,...I am too senile.. ha ha ha

I am sure she lied to her parents about her age to keep from going to school:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
o mi dios !! :eek: 3000US for a SigSauer in the DR ?? a machete may be the way to go...

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
o mi dios !! :eek: 3000US for a SigSauer in the DR ?? a machete may be the way to go...

Either that, or a Samurai Sword. Those are a LOT SHARPER and if you hold them JUST RIGHT, they'll slice through bone and muscle like butter.

Gotta keep them sharp, however.

Try it, you'll like it!!

My ex-son has mine that I bought in Japan in '53. Beautiful weapon. very finely balanced. Not for fencing, however.

Texas Bill

Sep 19, 2005
Either that, or a Samurai Sword. Those are a LOT SHARPER and if you hold them JUST RIGHT, they'll slice through bone and muscle like butter.

Gotta keep them sharp, however.

Try it, you'll like it!!

My ex-son has mine that I bought in Japan in '53. Beautiful weapon. very finely balanced. Not for fencing, however.

Texas Bill

i am still trying to figure the ex-son angle

it would be a heartbreaker if the ex-son-inlaw has it....

I love cutlery...but best left alone in a gun fight.

I suspect the 3K for the sig suaer was a little steeper than normal...because my tan wasnt all that great then, plus it included the guy doing all the paper work to get the permit going....and arrainge for all teh things needed. Even though it is a friend of a friend...

maybe the favor was Me being BROUGHT TO HIM! ha ha ha

it can work both ways i guess

bob

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
i am still trying to figure the ex-son angle

it would be a heartbreaker if the ex-son-inlaw has it....

I love cutlery...but best left alone in a gun fight.

I suspect the 3K for the sig suaer was a little steeper than normal...because my tan wasnt all that great then, plus it included the guy doing all the paper work to get the permit going....and arrainge for all teh things needed. Even though it is a friend of a friend...

maybe the favor was Me being BROUGHT TO HIM! ha ha ha

it can work both ways i guess

bob

Ex-son is the result of a "falling out" we have over his extremely self-centered attitude and his telling me to "kiss my A$$". I don't take that off anyone and I dis-owned him legally! He's now my EX-SON and remains a spoiled brat at 47, going through his 5th wife. No-one can live with him for long.
Any other state secrets you want me to reveal??? Just kidding about that.

Texas Bill

Sep 19, 2005
Any other state secrets you want me to reveal??? Just kidding about that.

Texas Bill

come on BILL....you're keeping secrets from me????????????
what kind a friendship is that.....

and i was going to do the best i could to keep AZB from bringing his cleaning lady to the new EXPAT club in Santiago...just for you!!

you know to keep that "just for the guys" thing alive and well

bob

G

gary short

The psy test is fairly simple , it's almost always the same question:
"If you walk in and catch your wife in bed with another man what would you do?"
Off course we all know the answer to that...Except for those lunatic out there. lol

So.......uhhmmm.....OK.....what's the answer if you catch your wife in bed with another women..:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
come on BILL....you're keeping secrets from me????????????
what kind a friendship is that.....

and i was going to do the best i could to keep AZB from bringing his cleaning lady to the new EXPAT club in Santiago...just for you!!

you know to keep that "just for the guys" thing alive and well

bob

OK, Bob, but you gotta have a "Q" Clearance to hear them.............

Texas Bill

Sep 19, 2005
hey when you hear the term "buddy"

no one is talking to you

ha ha ha

hey hes rich , hes the vice pres...he can shoot people and get away with..life is great

people like you just cry in your soup

ha ha ha ha

bob