2008 Caribbean World Series - 50th Anniversary

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
can i reserve a hotel this far out ? wonder when they will name the site ?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Santiago is vying to be the site for the '08 series.

Hummmmm, I wonder how much I can get for the B&B????

Great project, for sure....

Hotel Gran Cibao might be open for that one!!!

HB

Sep 19, 2005
I have been to both stadiums and i think the Santo Domingo stadium might hold a lot more people. Plus if you think Dominican Republic and the lime light...most in goverment will push for the capitol. Plus I bet there are way more accomodations available to the sepctators in the capitol....even though Id be routing for santiago.

I wonder where the last few times the games were played when it was the DR's turn to host?

bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i called Hotel Mercure and they said they're not taking reservations for next year yet...

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
Enough rooms ?

OK, so now that Santiago is oficially hosting the next serie del caribe, will there be enough hotel space to accommodate all of us going?

E.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The stadium in Santiago holds about 20,000, in SD about 25,000. In my opinion the Stadium in Santiago is superior as it has seats in the outfield and looks more like a Major League stadium. Also, all the seats are close to the field in Santiago.

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
The other neat thing about the stadium in Santiago, is that the seats along the outfield lines all turn in toward the infield. Very good sightlines.

SB

s_perez

Apr 30, 2007
Hey guys, If there is anyone that knows any information about the event PLEASE reply. Is the game going to be held at Cibao Stadium? Does anyone know of a good hotel near-by? I'm awaiting my passport and saving up my money now. After watching the Carribean World Series, I said I must go there next year.
Thank you.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Same here...HB...please...you HAVE to be our link to this...can you get us a bit more info?

The Mr. and I want to be there also...our first trip back to DR as husband and wife...

Can someone please help????

Thanks!!!

MRS. MQ

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I can guarantee that the Hotel situation will be tight, not only will you find many foreigners flocking to Santiago, you'll also have Dominicans from around the country travelling there and needing a room.

C

Chip00

See these links for Hotels in Santiago and the yellow pages with the phone numbers of the Aguilas office in Santiago.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/59111-nice-hotel-santiago.html

Paginas Amarillas (List)

Also, here are a couple of other links about the series.

The Official Site of Major League Baseball: spanish: Serie del Caribe 2007
eBeisbol.com - El Sitio Oficial del Alianza Latina de Beisbol

And finally, whos knows, maybe the large hotel that looks like a pyramid on the autopista will be complete in time? BTW anybody know the name?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
hey,
anyone got any new info on the carribean series ? dates, hotels, etc. i need to reserve asap if anything is left to reserve...

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I think we are all waiting for the same thing, Kyle...let me know if you find out something other than what's posted here...

Thanks!

MQ

C

Chip00

Aguilucho

There is nothing happening as far as I know - I think we are just too far out at this point.

One can always call the Aguilas ticket office - I don't have the number but I did post it last December or January here on DR1.

Sep 19, 2005
call their office!!!!!!!! not only are they dominican there....they are WORSE than the average dominican...I tried calling there for days when the season was going on!!!

look at their website...they didnt even update after they won the dominica title...not much about the carribe series!!!!!!!

[[~Aguilas Cibae?as~]]

I dont see how anyone can book a specific day this far in advance for this series. I am sure you could book a week and get it close.

bob

C

Chip00

call their office!!!!!!!! not only are they dominican there....they are WORSE than the average dominican...I tried calling there for days when the season was going on!!!

look at their website...they didnt even update after they won the dominica title...not much about the carribe series!!!!!!!

[[~Aguilas Cibae?as~]]

I dont see how anyone can book a specific day this far in advance for this series. I am sure you could book a week and get it close.

bob

Bob - I hope you got the right number because I called before and the girl gave me the info real quick.

Also, a buddy of mine says he will be buying season tickets soon so I'll get in touch with him and see what I can find out.