Luperon Beach Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorker4

Feb 7, 2007
Hi,

Travelling to DR at the end of the month and staying at the Luperon Beach Resort. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I have read mixed reviews. Also- typical weather for this time? Any insight would be great, as I have never been to the Dominican Republic.

Thanks!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Oh my my myyyyy. Why did you book this place? Was it because it was dirt cheap? You are in for an adventure.

The people that have gone there recently do not like this place. I was there in 2002 and it wasn't bad then.

Good luck.

NewYorker4

Feb 7, 2007
My friend booked it. :( Didn't have much input. That bad??? We are not looking for luxury- just as long as the place is clean basically. Our only plan is to spend time in the sun. Ugh, worried now!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I mean the place itself when I went there wasn't bad. It was clean and the food was ok. I've just read a lot of reviews on another site and noticed that a lot of people get sick there. Plus, they were doing some rennovation/construction a couple of years ago so who knows. Maybe the hotel and the grounds are nicer than when I went there.

Anyone here been there recently?

besagnota

Oct 21, 2006
Hi. I was there with husband and daughter August last year. I would consider the grounds luxury but definitely not the rooms. These things always depend on what you are expecting and how much you've paid. BUT we had a good time, everything was spotlessly clean and we had no food problems whatsoever. Our room was flooded one night after a storm but the maids couldn't do enough the morning after to put everything right. Yes, there is some renovating going on but, unless your "house" is right next door, it won't bother you. Relax, don't expect luxury and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Have no idea about the weather. But the world's up-side down now and I don't think anyone can predict anymore.

Have fun

jules brook

Jul 8, 2002
Hi We have stayed at the Luperon Beach Resort about 10 times, but, have not been there for about two years. We always had a really good time, the food was good the rooms very clean and the evening entertainment was enjoyable. If you get a bad room just ask to change and they always will. They had just started renovations the last time we went so hopefully they will be completed. We have never been sick or had problems with the food. I hope you have a great time, with loads of sun and fun!

dingdongdenny

Jan 6, 2007
just went to tripadvisor .com seemed like everybody seemed to like it only 3star but good reviews. pictures from people seemed to be kinda nice as well not sure exactly were it is but have fun in the sun.

bobandjudy

Jan 20, 2006
We were there in November, our fifth time. Our room was clean and the food was good. You will not have the variety of food as more expensive hotels, but we were satisfied. We have never found the LBH beach to be crowded as we try to go there on weekdays. One time our a/c dripped water in the bedroom, but that's the only real problem we've had and the inconvienence was minor. Hope this helps and have a good time, Bob

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
for $6 extra per person per night, you can get the suite... bigger room, closer to the main pool, and closer to the lobby, and better treatment.

hotel buffet food is good imo... for majority buffet is "ok" "could be better"
hotel restaurant a la carte food is much better.
rooms are decent; beach is ok to me,, no big deal.
lots of activities included (as in other more expensive resorts)

overall, i think you get a lot for what you're paying.
compared to other resorts, Lup resort is good for what you're paying.

go and try to have as much fun as possible.

Corporal cod

Jan 12, 2005
Arrived back from this hotel today and the weather was beautiful only 2 nights that it rained, it didn't affect the holiday one bit. The rooms are sufficient for my needs, the grounds are lovelly. They are doing renovations at the moment but they aren't around where the guests are staying, it didn't affect us at all. The food is ok, just don't pile your plates up with food, as people who were gorging, and drinking all day, were the only people i seen being sick. Who brought it on themselfs with indulging.

As long as you aren't expecting a 5-star, you will find it ok for your needs.

Sep 19, 2005
where the guests are staying, it didn't affect us at all. The food is ok, just don't pile your plates up with food, as people who were gorging, and drinking all day, were the only people i seen being sick.
quote]

your power of observation is astonishing...

if you noticed who is eating too much, and who is drinking too much to the extent you can assertain as why some people were getting sick ........

then...........well then you are very observant:paranoid:

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.