Resort Jobs

hollybjolly

Jan 24, 2007
Anyone have suggestions as far as applying to get a job at a resort. any sites or anything like that, that you would suggest going to or just resumes straight to the resort.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Apply in person, with your resume, to Human resourses and be prepared to speak Spanish. High up managers speak good English, but assistants do not. I went through this when getting my daughter an unpaid internship for college.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I have a question regarding Resort Jobs...

Do you work in terms of contracts ie. 6 months etc. or are they permanent jobs?

hollybjolly

Jan 24, 2007
Just wondering if anyone has any good feed back on when to go and apply for jobs at resorts. Meaning better times of the year than others. We were thinking of going in May to see what we could find but didn't know if that was a good time or not. Also does anyone know who to contact as far as the Hamaca Coral Resort in Boca Chica as far as hiring? Thinking animation area possibly guest service or bartending. Thanks all

canajungirl

May 18, 2004
try calling GO Travel Direct,I remember a couple of years ago they were hiring people here in Ottawa (head office is here)for a resort that they owned/ran in the Boca Chica/La Romana area. The resort was in their brochure but I can't remember the name of it. For what it's worth why not give them a call and see.

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
Apply in person, with your resume, to Human resourses and be prepared to speak Spanish. High up managers speak good English, but assistants do not. I went through this when getting my daughter an unpaid internship for college.

for the higher up managers does a person need to speak spainish along with good english?

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Just wondering if anyone has any good feed back on when to go and apply for jobs at resorts. Meaning better times of the year than others. We were thinking of going in May to see what we could find but didn't know if that was a good time or not. Also does anyone know who to contact as far as the Hamaca Coral Resort in Boca Chica as far as hiring? Thinking animation area possibly guest service or bartending. Thanks all

I would not imagine May being a good time to start looking for work as after April it becomes low season (meaning the influx of tourists starts subsiding).

I think you have been told this before - you have to pound the pavement in the DR, no resort is going to hire you unseen. When in the DR, have your resumes with you all the time, and start knocking on doors.

Also, you are going to have to be fluent in more than one language to get a job at a resort, and definitely need to know Spanish (understand and speak), as well as be pretty exceptional at whatever the position you are applying for, to hire you over a Dominican!

Marlie

Last edited: