JETBLUE......why???

Sep 19, 2005
well i still have a jetblue shortcut on my computer, from over a year ago when i was searching for fares....and once in a while i check it out to see if things are getting better, and because it appears some people really like jetblue.

well i checked for flight over easter. leave JFK on the 5th, to STI

return on the 9th...

short 5 days trip.....

even if it really isnt 5 days with jetblue..11:35 PM flight departure. from JFK...PLUS a 6 am departure from STI on the 9th......so i can spend my vacation day at home after i leave the airport????

well anyway...the flight is $682 from jetblue ..with their rediculous hours

i checked AA as a comparison....leave at 6 am from JFK...and then leave STI at 4:30 PM on the 9th....much better hours for a person wanting to get the most of vacation days....plus the cost....$537

soooooo why do people pick jetblue to spend so much more and then deal with those terrible hours ....at least the JFK departure is awful......they need nighowls to pick them up at the sirport ...no car rentals open at 3:30 am at STI...are there?

sooooo Id love to hear the benefit of jteblue....Personal TV's???

bob

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
no car rentals open at 3:30 am at STI...are there?bob

None of the American car rental companies are open at that time. However, I once arrived at 4 a.m. on an AA flight that was supposed to leave at 9:30 p.m. and my Dominican rental place had someone waiting there with my rental. I just gave the guy a $20 dollar tip for doing that for me.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Good word-of-mouth marketing perhaps?

Jetblue is great for domestic U.S. flights though.

-NALs:cheeky:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I like Jetblue's hours. With them I could work until 5:00 PM then leave than night and be in The DR that same night, albeit late. Then on the way back I can stay up and party all night before I go to the airport (well...could before the current curfew) and still be at work that morning.

This works great for those of us who don't have much vacation time. If I travel with American I'm wasting my whole day just to get there.

Normally they cost about the same or less than American...lately American has lowered their prices to match Jetblue (the beauty of competition).

Easter is expensive regardless...

Sep 19, 2005
I like Jetblue's hours. With them I could work until 5:00 PM then leave than night and be in The DR that same night, albeit late. Then on the way back I can stay up and party all night before I go to the airport (well...could before the current curfew) and still be at work that morning.

This works great for those of us who don't have much vacation time. If I travel with American I'm wasting my whole day just to get there.

Normally they cost about the same or less than American...lately American has lowered their prices to match Jetblue (the beauty of competition).

I see the vacation time consumtion differently..

I go to sleep early maybe by 8 or 9 pm the night before after a day of work...wake up about 2am and am off to the airport get on the plane at 6am and am with my GF by 10 am that day...so i have MOST of THAT day to be on vacation...rested and not in a loss sleep mode.....

as for comeing back...I spend most of the day with her on vacation .Get to the airport by 4 pm and am off on the flight at 5:30...I get in JFK around 8:30 and am home by 11 pm usually with all teh traffic and airport hassle...enough time to get some sleep and go to work the next day

with jetblue....you have to have gotten your sleep for the day...before say 8pm...because you need to be there at the airport 2hours early for an 11:30 flight...you may get some sleep on the plane , then you are in the dr at 3:30 am...you egt out of the airport by 4:30 ish...you get to where you want to go by 5:30 ish.....what do you do??? go to sleep till 11 or noon?...or do you start your vacation with no sleep?

and coming back you land at 6...where do you work and what time do you start that you can arrive at a place like JFK get through customs and out of the airport and home , then to work........

I am sure that those hours fit some....but how many

and then...they really need to lower teh price to make it even close to a comparison.......

$150 is NOT LOWERING their price TO... jetblues....its blowing it away!!

just my view....

not the gospel...OK??

bob

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Well, you live in NY. Me I live in Detroit, so the day I'm traveling if I leave at 6:00 AM I won't be in STI until about 3:00 PM then drive home and that's pretty much a completely wasted day.

Whereas if I fly JB then I'm home by 5:00 AM and I normally sleep on the planes so I'm well rested enough to start my day early.

On the way back the day you leave at 4:00 PM I still have another 6 or 7 more hours to enjoy The DR...

Altogether I get more than a day's worth of DR time by flying JB...

Jun 5, 2004
JB times are a little awkward but people fly them. they offer a great customer service and for the people who work JB might be the best choice (especially if there is a connection involved) when it comes to prices I have noticed that jetblue's prices are higher than AA. Do remember that the most that JB will charge you for a ticket is 399 OW while there is no restrain on AA (referriing to high season next day travel when people pay 1500 RT for a ticket)

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Spiritair so far has the best combination of times and $$ for me. Especially from Atlanta. Hoping to use them later on this year to visit the family.

Sep 19, 2005
yeah ..I figure...it might have been location...but it seemed previously that NY'ers had posted about how they loved JETBLUE.

I am sure the specific market has huge roll to play...and i can see the issues change depending on the flight times in air.

100max:

I dont see how you can say JB is cheaper...when i posted exact comparisons in my post........are you saying JB is charging me over $280 in taxes????? I doubt it.....

when ever I have seem people post these great deals ..i go and plug in the specific times i want out of JFK...and NEVER EVER have they even been close to the same fees

bob

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
JB is practically the only airline (from the Midwest) where ....

...you can get to "Santiago" in the same day. CO and AA "crapped out" on us this past September. Don't like flying to SDQ when your final destination is STI.

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
04/05/07 B6 Jetblue 731 A320 JFK/11:50p STI/03:28a (+1d) B7 H7 K7 L0 M0 Q7 R0 V0 Y7

04/05/07 B6 Jetblue 732 A320 STI/06:00a JFK/09:44a B0 H0 K7 L0 M0 Q0 R0 V0 Y7

Jetblue's lowest booking classes are L and M, the flights that you are looking for doesn't have the cheap booking classes availables, maybe a couple of weeks before, when those classes were available, the r/t price was around 300-400. Usually I get my r/t for US$407.00 when I book it 90 days in advance.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Or you can board Jetblue and spend 10 hours on runway, like it happened to passenger of several flights this week:confused:

To be fair, I think its important to tell DR1ers the rest of the story!

The CEO of JetBlue (David Neeleman of Darien, CT) publicly apologized for the incident. JetBlue is even offering free tickets for the affected customers.

JetBlue apologizes after passengers stranded

-NALs:classic:

pielmorena

Oct 23, 2006

Same case with me...
I don't have many vacation days therefore the day of the flight I work until 5 pm, have enough time to go home, shower, eat dinner (no meals on JB), and even buy any last minute things I need to get before my drive to JFK.
I can also stay an extra night in DR and go straight to work that same day. With the other airlines, I feel like I'm losing some precious time to be had in DR.
I will admit, lately, Jet Blue's fares have increased incredibly since this time last year. If it keeps going I may need to switch back to AA....

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
04/05/07 B6 Jetblue 731 A320 JFK/11:50p STI/03:28a (+1d) B7 H7 K7 L0 M0 Q7 R0 V0 Y7

04/05/07 B6 Jetblue 732 A320 STI/06:00a JFK/09:44a B0 H0 K7 L0 M0 Q0 R0 V0 Y7

Jetblue's lowest booking classes are L and M, the flights that you are looking for doesn't have the cheap booking classes availables, maybe a couple of weeks before, when those classes were available, the r/t price was around 300-400. Usually I get my r/t for US$407.00 when I book it 90 days in advance.

same here; i book in advance w/jetblue. Jetbl is better than american (re: fares) only if you book in advance... if not, american is better.

for dates 3/29-4/10 i paid 316 w/Jetblue.... i booked last yr august for this yr's april easter.

and i fly w/jetb b/c of what some have said already: i'm able to work the whole day and flight at night w/jetbl... and don't mind getting to STI at 3am, 4am, 6am... and returning at 3am, or 6am.... why travel during the day and waste the whole day? the only flight that i take w/american is the 6am/6;30am and the 5;30/5;45pm flights.. other than that, i use jetbl.