Coops Marina Beach Resort

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Is there any such place in Juan Dolio called Coops Beach Marina? Would it be the old Metro that turned into Western Inn on Calle Blvd? Some one has asked me for info about this resort and I imagine it is an old resort that has changed names. It is being advertised as a 2 to 2 1/2 star resort on the beach with a pool is all I know about it.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It is the old Marena Beach Resort....just up the street from Hotel Flor di Loto or just down the street from Naito Mini Market. Definitely a 2, 2 1/2 star and they are not on the 'new' beach as it didn't go down quite that far.
Mainly used by Dominicans for weekends but reasonably cheap and clean. I hear their buffets are not bad at all....
I think chuckindy posted a trip report a while back but don't quote me as it might have been someone else.
A search for Coop Marena or Marena Beach Resort should bring up my posts where I listed phone numbers for the resort along with some info.
The old Metro is now the new Hemmingway and Coral Park condos.....

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Loved it

Loved my visit and should have been there last week taking MommC & Tony to lunch. It is very friendly.

Chuckuindy

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for the info . The person going there is going for mission work and that is where the church group is sending them.