Visa Question...

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Hi all! Wow, it certainly has been a long time since I've posted...

I have a visa question for all the experts out there... (I WISH this question was for MEEE, but it's actually for a girl friend who is also sponsoring her hubby).

When the visa office calls and says "bring your passport"--that usually means that that person essentially "HAS" the visa right?? AND once that person gets there with passport in hand--are they usually required to bring anything else? ... Do they ask them other questions?? ...

ANYTHING at all would be helpful... if anyone has gone through this process, your input would be most greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch! :bunny:

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Angel04 - there are two people who are going through this process right now -Kimmygirl and Mart(something). I think if they don't respond to this thread, maybe try to pm them. I am sure they could probably answer your question.

Marlie

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
don't assume anything

My husband was told bring his passport to his interview on Jan 8th. And no his does not have his visa. Yes they ask a lot of questions and yes they expect your friends husband to bring things with him. You can PM me if you want more info, or have secific questions

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
ah.. just found out that since his medical is going to expire very soon.. what they actually said is that "he needs to hurry and bring his passport because he has to travel before it expires".. nothing was ever said about an interview... so that sounds good...

So what happens when they get there if no interview is needed??