eztime

Feb 11, 2007
hello to all I am a newbie to this site and have enjoyed reading a lot of the postings almost all of information is very invaluable some even funny hoped to become a value member of this site in the future now the question at hand just to give you a little information about me I have spent quite a few weeks vacation in the Dominican Republic and have found it to be a very interesting place I have plans on retiring in Dominican Republic in the next two or three years so I have been reading a lot of information given out on this form hopefully to help me and my retirement in the future most of the people on this site seem to be very informative also am doing my own research have spent lots of time and San Pedro and in sosua in which I have made new friends now my focus is on Santiago I have visited quite a few places in the Dominican Republic and still have more to go in the search for the type of place I would like to live as I said before right now I'm looking into Santiago PS I see a lot of postings by this guy call hillbilly he seems to be a very interesting person and also a very knowledgeable person to me I also heard him talk about a B&B would be interested in finding out the phone number of this place it is like I said before I hope to become a active participant in this form

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
eztime, welcome to the message board. To communicate direct with Hillbilly, find one of his posts and left click on the check mark in the upper left hand corner of the post. You will get a drop down list that includes send private message. Click on that. Complete the PM form and send it to Hillbilly. That is the best way, and usually the fastest way, to get a response from the person you want to make contact with.

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
eztime hillbilly for you

eztime, welcome to the message board. To communicate direct with Hillbilly, find one of his posts and left click on the check mark in the upper left hand corner of the post. You will get a drop down list that includes send private message. Click on that. Complete the PM form and send it to Hillbilly. That is the best way, and usually the fastest way, to get a response from the person you want to make contact with.
:bunny:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/members/hillbilly.html

eztime

Feb 11, 2007
also I am new to posting on any bulletin board and may make mistakes time to time like forgetting punctuation marks. It's Commons and things of that nature

Sep 19, 2005
also I am new to posting on any bulletin board and may make mistakes time to time like forgetting punctuation marks. It's Commons and things of that nature

you caught on......

but i wouldnt go so far as to say from time to time......id say NEVER.. ha ha ha

commas are not as important as periods....even though we all get lazy with our punctuation.

welcome

I go to santiago every holiday.

enjoy.

bob

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Eztime, welcome! I think Santiago is one of the nicest places to retire to in DR. Of course, I'm biased because it's my 'tierra natal', (birthplace).
If you don't mind not having a beach nearby, I highly recommend it for its many great features, including a slow-paced ambiance combined with big-city conveniences. Enjoy your search. Hope you find your Shangri-la!

coho

On Vacation!
Mar 4, 2007
The beach is only 45 min away from Santiago. My vote for #1 livability is Santiago.....btw..I've only seen the north coast......