What is life like in Punta Cana...

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
I will be visiting for 2 months to check out the city and wanted to know what it was really like, living in Punta Cana...what types of things are there to do ? :cheeky:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
First of all, don't expect a "city" because Punta Cana is more an "area" than a city. It's quiet, not too much traffic, almost no cases of violence and personally I find it a good place to work in. Bit by bit we're getting more shopping and restaurant options which makes it a bit more comfortable and a little less "in the boonies". As for what there is to do, you can do almost any water sport, excursions, horseback riding and your normal tourist activities. It's got a couple of decent discos and several excellent restaurants. My only complaint is that everything is a bit far away from everything else but other than that, I'm happy here.

Exactly where are you going to be living?

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
El Cortecito....

First of all, don't expect a "city" because Punta Cana is more an "area" than a city. It's quiet, not too much traffic, almost no cases of violence and personally I find it a good place to work in. Bit by bit we're getting more shopping and restaurant options which makes it a bit more comfortable and a little less "in the boonies". As for what there is to do, you can do almost any water sport, excursions, horseback riding and your normal tourist activities. It's got a couple of decent discos and several excellent restaurants. My only complaint is that everything is a bit far away from everything else but other than that, I'm happy here.

Exactly where are you going to be living?

Thanks for the info Kate P.....My friend and I are going to be staying at Santa Maria del Mar in El Cortecito. I was told that this is really a central area, that is within walking distance to some plazas(Bavaro, Friusa, Palma Real), beaches and restaurants (Jellyfish, Captain Cook). We are planning on spending loads of time on the beach, but also planning on doing some weekend trips to Santo Domingo and POP. I have been to Punta Cana 3 times, but never for more that 1 week at a time. So I am just hoping that 2 months in paradise will not turn out to be boring...