Canadian schools Easter break

Alex uk

Oct 31, 2006
Can anyone tell me when Canadian schools will have their Easter break in 2008 please ?
I'm going to book our holiday for next year and I always book it for when the children are in school so as its not too busy.

Thanks.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
All the provinces are usually different. For example, I live in Northwestern Ontario and this year -2007 - my daughters March break (that is what we call it) is March 10-18. I know Manitoba generally has their break either one week earlier or one week later than ours. Can't say when the other provinces are.

General rule of thumb - it happens in March! Ours in Ontario where I live is normally around the same time every year.

Hope that helps!

Marlie

lanner

Jan 21, 2005
Easter Break-Holidays

In Saskatchewan our Easter break in 2008 would be March 21,2008 Good Friday. Easter is March 23,2008. Our break would be March 21-March 30. Hope this helps you.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Call your local school board - it is that simple! They know all the dates for 2008.

I'm a teacher.

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
Alberta

In Alberta we have over 60 school boards with different breaks......Keeps the ski hills busy over several weeks.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Call your local school board - it is that simple! They know all the dates for 2008.

I'm a teacher.

With respect, Charlielyn, he is from the UK, but he doesn't want to travel to the DR during the peak season of Canadian families travelling with children.

If he called his local school board, he certainly wouldn't be getting any information about Canada! ;)

Marlie

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
If he wants a quiet time, Canadian kids would be the least of his worries if he were to travel during Dominican Easter break (Semana Santa). Most hotels fill with locals, including many kids.

Alex uk

Oct 31, 2006
Thanks for your help eveyone :cheeky:

Going on the info that you've given me, I'll definatly be giving March and the Easter holiday period a miss.
Im glad I asked you lot before I booked. It would have totaly spoiled our holiday if we'd gone over there and it was packed out with people.

I'll wait for them to release their summer 2008 prices and book for May and then we'll miss the hurricane season.

Its strange because if we were to go on March 17th it would be over ?300 cheaper than any other time in that month when really that would be their busiest time. Yo'd think they would bump the prices right up for that week.

Not to worry.

Thanks again.
Alex (female ;) )

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
then there are the university breaks usually last complete week of Feb or overlapping to the first week of Mar ... again depending on province and the uni

Alex uk

Oct 31, 2006
Me again :knockedou

Does Canada ever have their springbreak in April ?

I ask because the prices coming up for the beggining of March are cheap, then they get more expensive at Easter time, but as soon as you go into April they go sky high- like over ?1000 more expensive.
I know we don't have any holidays in April here in the UK so I was wondering if it were Canada.
There must be some reason for them to go up so much :confused:

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Canada does not have any school holidays in April, except Easter and those are either one or two days tacked onto a weekend.. Are you sure you are thinking of another North American country? Like the states?

lanner

Jan 21, 2005
Winter Break

In Canada, we have a winter break which is in February.This year it is February19-23.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
" a winter break which is in February.This year it is February19-23 ..."
Ours -- in my University in Nova Scotia -- has the same dates, but I know that some of them here have been a week later, in some years.