Bringing a Dominican to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

yairosgirl

Feb 13, 2007
I'm new around here, so please move this if it isn't in the right section.

Last year I met someone in PoP, and have gone back to see him 4 times in the past 6 months.

I am starting to really consider getting married to him. He has asked a few times but never formally. When he finally pops the question I will say yes.

How long will it take before I can bring him here? He has been married before (twice) will this impact his being able to travel to Canada? Also how can we bring his son here?

I can't wait to have him here with me, so we can be together.

Thanks

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Please, please do some research!!! Read the sanky forum before you go any further. Read the archives - generally it is not a happy tale. Also do the research on visa applications for Dominicans to Canada - again not a happy tale!!!

Sorry to be so harsh but that is the reality of many of these situations!!! Good luck.

:eek:gre: :eek:gre:

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi,

Sorry to sound so negative, but are you serious? Have you read the sankie forums on here? I suggest you take the time to read them before you make your decision.

Can't you see the warning signs already? Married twice?

Be prepared to be blasted with some not so nice comments, cause you will hear it from seasoned posters.

curlyq

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
To answer your immigration question, it takes about 9 months to get him to Canada after you are legally married. It's a long detailed process which takes lots of patience. You are responsible for him for three years in Canada and his child for 10 or longer. Meaning if the relationship doesn't work out and he tries to get government help like welfare the government will then come after you for the money.

And you can't send him back because he'll have is permanent residency when he arrives in Canada.

Here's the info CIC Canada | Sponsor a Family Member

Go check out the legal section under visa and see some of the others that have gone through this. Her's an example of how hard it can be http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/54187-he-got-call.html

I don't understand what you mean by " he's asked a few times but not formally" is he fishing?

Read everything in the sankie forum it's sooooo easy to get a marriage proposal in the DR.

You need more time to know this person, lots of time to determine if he needs you for a visa out of the country or does he really want you.

He's been married twice? Do you know if they were foreigners as well?

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Maybe you can give us his name and the resort he works at so we can better assist you with the huge mistake you are about to make:tired:
hifiman

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Thats a good idea, telling us his name if he does work in a resort, so that we could help if he is a notorious sankie. Better know now than after the wedding.

Are you sure you know him well enough to be marrying him after 6 months?? Where his other wives Dominican???

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
All Good - For Him

...Last year I met someone in PoP, and have gone back to see him 4 times in the past 6 months.
That was good.

I am starting to really consider getting married to him. He has asked a few times bnever formally. When he finally pops the question I will say yes.
That is good.

That's even better.

Disregard all warnings!
Follow your heart!
He is different!

m'frog

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
...I can't wait to have him here with me, so we can be together. Thanks
We know this and many of his other clients feel the same. The issue now is whether any of his other clients have already initiated this process. You should be aware, you're on a list of satisfied clients. BTW, Immigration Canada will not grant special privileges due to extreme winter conditions in Canada.

Welcome to DR1. :)

Daddy_Dom

Feb 4, 2007
I am starting to really consider getting married to him. He has asked a few times but never formally. When he finally pops the question I will say yes.

How long will it take before I can bring him here? He has been married before (twice) will this impact his being able to travel to Canada? Also how can we bring his son here?

Thanks

hi YairosGirl,

Canadian Embasy in Santo Domingo
Capit?n Eugenio de Marchena No. 39, La Esperilla, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Tel.: (809) 685-1136
Toll Free: 1-200-0012
Fax: (809) 682-2691
Email: sdmgo@international.gc.ca
Internet: Dominican Republic / R?publique dominicaine

Canadian Consulate in Puerto Plata

Calle Virginia E. Ortea, Edificio Isabel de Torres, Suite 311-C, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Tel.: (809) 586-5761
Fax: (809) 586-5762
E-mail: pplat.canada@verizon.net.do

Embassy of the Dominican Republic in canada, 130 Albert Street, Suite 418, Ottawa, ON, K1P 5G4 (tel.: 613-569-9893/ fax: 613-569-8673/ e-mail: info@drembassy.org/ Web site: Embajada de La Rep?blica Dominicana en Canad? | Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Canada | Ambassade de la R?publique Dominicaine ? Canada) or the Consulate in Montreal (514-284-5455 / 1800-563-1611 / email: info@consulado-dominicano.com / Montr?al@sectur.gov.do) or Toronto (416-739-1237 / 1888-494-5050 / email: toronto@sectur.gov.do).

send them an email with your question, they will reply you, I bet, or call them. They will tell you evrithing you need.

I hope it helps and enjoy your live with this Dominican friend ;)

Bye.

jenfau

Jul 8, 2006
As said before there will be some nasty comments.I'm a real believer in taking chances.I have a relationship with a Dominican man it has been 4 years ( recently married and working on coming here to Canada)Believe me it is not an easy life . Getting him here is another difficult process be prepared for a bumpy ride.Love doesn't always make it all worth while.Trust is a big... the biggest factor in making this realtionship work.It is extremly hard.So please take the advice and listen.Most know what they are talking about others can be left in the "shad" and some "frogs" do better in boxes.Get to know him better and keep an eye on your expenses that you may or may not be handing out.Listen to your heart but don't ignore your brain(sometimes very hard to do both)Take your time and be careful.It can be the best in your life or it can ruin you in so many other ways.If you believe you can handle the rollercoaster ride go for it!!!!

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Thank you ShadIn Toronto!

I was wondering the same thing and not only the employment; unless she's rich I can imagine those CC bills; what we will do for a d...!!

Just as MF says it go ahead; do read the Sankie Forums and all of the many stories in there; but don't pay attention to the negativities! The females in here are just jealous of your good all Dominican sucker!

By the way, I'm a Dominican myself! Good luck in your endeavours!

Perlanegra

Unless you're on pogey ... be careful what you write here, if your employer (assuming you're employed) finds out, your a$$ may be toast. :ermm:

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Follow your heart..you got to be kidden me,thats the worst advice you can give.
Please people we have heard the same story a million times.

Would you marry someone from your own country after 4 meetings, I don,t think so.

Why would you think he is any different and have any of your past relationships happened this fast.

Please wake up and smell the coffee and get a reality check. Use your brain in this matter and check your heart at the airport.
hifiman

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

Have you met the frog yet? Use the word sarcasm in front of what sounds like good advice :laugh:

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
hifiman!

Have you noticed that this forum has 1,292 threads?

I can just imagine what the percent of bad experiences out this thousand + could be!

and yet we still have lots of girls (ladies) going for it; asking what would be the easiest, quikiest way to bring their Dominican king overseas; taking the poor guy away from other foreign pira?as!

That's the only reason why I have had decided to be sarcastic some times. And yes, there could be love in paradise; but as many had said here; how fast would you make a drastic move for someone who lives in your own country? We don't do it; and we give the poor guys hell for them to get some and yet, we go and give it with no problem; to a guy who's been married 2 times; has kids by probably another sankiette, lives many miles away and of course eventually will show the real side of the picture.

So, no!! This girls don't need to wake up and smell the coffee; they need to go ahead and get as much as they can and yes, take the poor fish away from the pira?as! She knows what she's been exposed to! and if she didn't she will know after reading the 40,000 + comments!

Would you marry someone from your own country after 4 meetings, I don,t think so.

Why would you think he is any different and have any of your past relationships happened this fast.

Please wake up and smell the coffee and get a reality check. Use your brain in this matter and check your heart at the airport.
hifiman

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
So, no!! This girls don't need to wake up and smell the coffee; they need to go ahead and get as much as they can and yes, take the poor fish away from the pira?as! She knows what she's been exposed to! and if she didn't she will know after reading the 40,000 + comments!

NO, NO, NO,!!!!!!!

She won't though, because ................. wait for it.................

HER MAN IS DIFFERENT;)

Marlie

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
She says that she is waiting for a FORMAL proposal. Doesn't she realize that he has already made her a few already. He expects her to buy her own ring of course. He can't afford one. There will be no Prince Charming on bended near with a 1 carat diamond to win her heart. It will never happen. If she wants to marry him, she will pay for everything and do all the paperwork involved. I'd say that since he has been married twice the Canadian government won't give him a chance. Period. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.